Posted to alt.home.repair

Default drum trap cover

Hi, I had to remove the cover of my 1920s lead drumtrap buy cutting it
out with a dremel. I now need a replacement.The old one was brass 3 3/4
inch with fine threads. I can only find coarse thread . The idiots at the
box stores and plumbing supply don't have a clue. I need some
sugggestions. Thanks Jay
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

ringojbr wrote:
Hi, I had to remove the cover of my 1920s lead drumtrap buy cutting it
out with a dremel. I now need a replacement.The old one was brass 3 3/4
inch with fine threads. I can only find coarse thread . The idiots at the
box stores and plumbing supply don't have a clue. I need some
sugggestions. Thanks Jay
-------------------------------------

http://www.bicwarehouse.com/3-ips-dr...-156-013.html\

There is also an adjustable cover:
http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...s-p-25100.html
not fond of them.

If not that, try this:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/testing.html
scroll down to the orange test plugs.
Big Box will have something at least similar that works.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't think you are going to find one with threads. Why don't you
just use a lead plug and hammer it in lightly?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 16, 10:08�am, Mikepier wrote:
I don't think you are going to find one with threads. Why don't you
just use a lead plug and hammer it in lightly?

better yet replace the drum trap with a standard P trap.

unlike the obsolete drum trap it can be snaked if it clogs....

lead (drain) pipe, drum trap questions George Home Repair 9 November 20th 08 12:11 AM
lead (drain) pipe, drum trap questions [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 18th 08 04:41 PM
drum trap cover mike Home Repair 3 February 9th 08 12:23 AM
Old cast Iron Tub..... Drum trap underneath??? [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 16th 07 04:08 PM
problem removing cover from old shower drain trap in floor, can't continue project without loosening it K Ruck Home Repair 3 July 2nd 05 03:50 AM