Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honda Inverter Generator Repair Advice please!

Hi all,
I have been given a generator to repair that is marked as Honda EU 2
Inverter 2000W, it has no 12 volt or AC output.

On opening the unit I see wires going from the alternator directly to
the output socket, I see no inverter?

Also I cannot see any slip rings or brushes.

Can anyone with e experience of these please give me some advice on
how to trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance!!

Greg.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 11:26*am, Greg wrote:
Hi all,
I have been given a generator to repair that is marked as Honda EU 2
Inverter 2000W, it has no 12 volt or AC output.

On opening the unit I see wires going from the alternator directly to
the output socket, I see no inverter?

Also I cannot see any slip rings or brushes.

Can anyone with e experience of these please give me some advice on
how to trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance!!

Greg.

I dont know if it aplies to Honda or the EU but many generators loose
residual magnatism over 6 months and need to be Flashed with an
external 12v power source on the generator terminals, google for info
on that. 2000w im sure many users of the small honda burn them up from
overloading and dont know what surge load means.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Greg" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have been given a generator to repair that is marked as Honda EU 2
Inverter 2000W, it has no 12 volt or AC output.

On opening the unit I see wires going from the alternator directly to
the output socket, I see no inverter?

Also I cannot see any slip rings or brushes.

Can anyone with e experience of these please give me some advice on
how to trouble shoot?

I've seen several discussions by people with knowledge of these units in
alt.energy.homepower .

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Dec 10, 11:26 am, Greg wrote:
Hi all,
I have been given a generator to repair that is marked as Honda EU 2
Inverter 2000W, it has no 12 volt or AC output.

On opening the unit I see wires going from the alternator directly to
the output socket, I see no inverter?

Also I cannot see any slip rings or brushes.

Can anyone with e experience of these please give me some advice on
how to trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance!!

Greg.

I dont know if it aplies to Honda or the EU but many generators loose
residual magnatism over 6 months and need to be Flashed with an
external 12v power source on the generator terminals, google for info
on that. 2000w im sure many users of the small honda burn them up from
overloading and dont know what surge load means.

I've been curious how those are set up internally, friend of mine has
one, fantastic little unit, it's whisper quiet and the fuel consumption
is a tiny fraction of the obscenely loud 4KW conventional generator I've
used from time to time, given the same load. You can run it 24/7 during
an extended power outage without rattling the neighborhood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Greg wrote:

Hi all,
I have been given a generator to repair that is marked as Honda EU 2
Inverter 2000W, it has no 12 volt or AC output.

On opening the unit I see wires going from the alternator directly to
the output socket, I see no inverter?

Also I cannot see any slip rings or brushes.

Can anyone with e experience of these please give me some advice on
how to trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance!!

Greg.

If it's an EU2000i, talk to these folks: