Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaf Blowers

On Nov 17, 9:57*pm, "CGB" wrote:
Will be purchasing one. * Live in New England. *Question is the type. *I
have come to the conclusion that hedge trimmers etc. powered by rechargeable
batteries just never seem to have enough oooomph *for the job, even when
fully charged. *Does anyone take exception to that?

I'm torn between an electric blower, run by AC current via a long extension
cord (I hate the thought of dragging this around) or a gasoline powered
blower ( not one with the motor transported on my back but with the motor in
the unit itself). Wife won't use a gasoline powered one (can't start it,
period) and wants the electric cord powered one. *I want power and
convenience. *I guess I'm OK with getting gas/oil ratios, changing plugs,
etc., etc. if that is what is requiered to have a powerful unit and not drag
cords all around, what's one more small engine to fool around with....ugh...

Question is: *Can I get an AC powered unit that has enough power to do the
job (half acre lawn, lot of pine needles and oak leaves) and put up with the
inconvenience of dragging the cord or should I go to gasoline powered
machine? *First of all, I want something that works, secondly which is more
convenient if either type of machine works.

After answering above question, how much wind speed, air flow in cfm, ? get
one that works as vacuum machine or not, etc., do you recommend. *Brand,
model recommendations/warnings appreciated.

Thanks. *I've had enough of lawn care for this year but I've got to do it
and want to get it overwith

Chet\

Electric is lighter, cheaper, more powerfull, quieter, no fumes, easy
to start, but the cord stinks. Gas is portable, I have an Echo. If you
go electric you will need very large gauge wire, that is heavy, to no
have voltage drop that ruins motors on long runs. Get both.

Leaf Blowers CGB Home Repair 30 November 21st 08 11:42 AM
Leaf Blowers [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 18th 08 04:49 PM
do cordless leaf blowers have any guts? Leonardo[_2_] Home Repair 4 October 30th 07 07:18 PM
Fun with leaf blowers HeyBub Home Repair 1 July 6th 07 12:24 AM
Shop-Vac Leaf Blowers Ian Home Repair 5 October 12th 04 07:57 PM