Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eco-friendly house ordered demolished

"[UK] An historic 18th century house on the edge of a National park in
north-west England, has been refused classification as a dwelling after tens
of thousands were spent installing an off-grid system."

http://www.off-grid.net/2008/11/12/b...ans-eco-house/

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"[UK] An historic 18th century house on the edge of a National park in
north-west England, has been refused classification as a dwelling after tens
of thousands were spent installing an off-grid system."

http://www.off-grid.net/2008/11/12/b...ans-eco-house/

There are those who want The US to be more like Europe.
We already have stupid bureaucrats and politicians.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 17, 12:19*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
"[UK] An historic 18th century house on the edge of a National park in
north-west England, has been refused classification as a dwelling after tens
of thousands were spent installing an off-grid system."

http://www.off-grid.net/2008/11/12/b...ans-eco-house/

There are those who want The US to be more like Europe.
We already have stupid bureaucrats and politicians.

TDD

So...if you use a propane tank to power your stove and a woodstove to
heat your house it doesn't qualify as a "dwelling"? Wow. Half the
people in my rural upstate NY community must be living in barns,
because that's the standard practice around here. There are also quite
a few people using solar and wind/water power to stay off the grid as
much as possible. These non-"dwellings" aren't dumps, many are worth
more than $250K. Guess we should just knock them all down as
"blighted". Just goes to prove that bureaucratic idiocy isn't just an
American thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/08 12:04 pm HeyBub wrote:

"[UK] An historic 18th century house on the edge of a National park in
north-west England, has been refused classification as a dwelling after tens
of thousands were spent installing an off-grid system."

http://www.off-grid.net/2008/11/12/b...ans-eco-house/

They must have been taking lessons from American Home Owners' Associations.

Perce