Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting plywood

I have a large window I need to cover with plywood.
My brain says it can't be done without putting a strip before the
sheet and just make 3 equal pieces. Maybe someone can suggest
something easier. (It would be nice if I could get a piece of plywood
58.5 X 51.

The window is 58.5" high. The two side windows are 28" wide and the
large window is 51" wide.

http://i37.tinypic.com/25oymgz.jpg sketch of window
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ted wrote:
I have a large window I need to cover with plywood.
My brain says it can't be done without putting a strip before the
sheet and just make 3 equal pieces. Maybe someone can suggest
something easier. (It would be nice if I could get a piece of
plywood
58.5 X 51.

Baltic Birch normally comes 60x60.

The window is 58.5" high. The two side windows are 28" wide and the
large window is 51" wide.

http://i37.tinypic.com/25oymgz.jpg sketch of window

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 10:02*pm, Ted wrote:
I have a large window I need to cover with plywood.
My brain says it can't be done without putting a strip before the
sheet and just make 3 equal pieces. *Maybe someone can suggest
something easier. *(It would be nice if I could get a piece of plywood
58.5 X 51.

The window is 58.5" high. *The two side windows are 28" wide and the
large window is 51" wide.

http://i37.tinypic.com/25oymgz.jpg*sketch of window

Make your own sheet to whatever size you need.

Cut the standard sheets to whatever size it takes to make up the
"sheet" you need. Screw the cutoffs (or other scrap material) to the
face of the plywood to cover the seams and create one large piece. The
advantage is that the single piece will lay flat against the mounting
surface.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 7:02*pm, Ted wrote:
I have a large window I need to cover with plywood.
My brain says it can't be done without putting a strip before the
sheet and just make 3 equal pieces. *Maybe someone can suggest
something easier. *(It would be nice if I could get a piece of plywood
58.5 X 51.

The window is 58.5" high. *The two side windows are 28" wide and the
large window is 51" wide.

http://i37.tinypic.com/25oymgz.jpg*sketch of window

where are you located?

5'x10' plywood exists

http://www.lumberproducts.com/Produc...altysanded.htm

do you want to cover just the center window or all three windows with
a single piece?

the other post........ 5'x5' birch would work

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:09:53 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Nov 5, 10:02*pm, Ted wrote:
I have a large window I need to cover with plywood.
My brain says it can't be done without putting a strip before the
sheet and just make 3 equal pieces. *Maybe someone can suggest
something easier. *(It would be nice if I could get a piece of plywood
58.5 X 51.

The window is 58.5" high. *The two side windows are 28" wide and the
large window is 51" wide.

http://i37.tinypic.com/25oymgz.jpg*sketch of window

Make your own sheet to whatever size you need.

Cut the standard sheets to whatever size it takes to make up the
"sheet" you need. Screw the cutoffs (or other scrap material) to the
face of the plywood to cover the seams and create one large piece. The
advantage is that the single piece will lay flat against the mounting
surface.

That is what I ended up doing. I cut two 4' x 58.5 and then spliced a
10" piece in the middle.

Thanks everyone.