DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Water comes through cement in garage (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/264192-water-comes-through-cement-garage.html)

[email protected] November 5th 08 04:49 PM

Water comes through cement in garage

when it rains hard water seems to come up through cement floor in garage,
but no problem in basement..Is there some way cheap way to fix this problem?
and what is best way to fix?

Norminn November 5th 08 05:11 PM

wrote:

when it rains hard water seems to come up through cement floor in garage,
but no problem in basement..Is there some way cheap way to fix this problem?
and what is best way to fix?

Are there cracks or drains in the floor? How close to grade?
Downspouts empty close to slab or
uphill from slab?

Edwin Pawlowski November 5th 08 06:19 PM

wrote in message
when it rains hard water seems to come up through cement floor in garage,
but no problem in basement..Is there some way cheap way to fix this
problem?
and what is best way to fix?

Cheap to fix. Dig a trench around the gorge, maybe the house and drain the
water away.

Unless we know where the water is coming from, we can't suggest a fix.
Could be bad drainage and you just have to re-grade, maybe add or divert
downspouts. Could be simple, could be difficult.

Paul Oman November 5th 08 06:34 PM

wrote:
when it rains hard water seems to come up through cement floor in garage,
but no problem in basement..Is there some way cheap way to fix this problem?
and what is best way to fix?

assuming you haven't painted or sealed the cement, there are products
that are 'internal' concrete sealers. - they soak in and plug up the
pore spaces.
see
www.epoxyproducts.com/vee4u.html --- paul