Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Transition 1-1/2" PVC to 3/4" PVC

I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to just
3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go from 1-1/2"
to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to just
3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go from 1-1/2"
to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

http://www.flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Correction Transition 1-1/2" PVC to 3/4" PVC

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to just
3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go from 1-1/2"
to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

Correction:
Part # 437-210
at:
http://www.flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cg...ducer-Bushings

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to just
3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go from 1-1/2"
to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

Thanks,

MC

Is this for electrical or plumbing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 31, 8:09*pm, "Steve Barker DLT"
wrote:
there's a reducer for that.

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to just
3/4" diameter. *Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go from 1-1/2"
to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

Thanks,

MC- Hide quoted text -

But not likely to be found on the shelf at the local hardware store -
not enough call to be worth stocking. May have to order it.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to
just 3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go
from 1-1/2" to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

I'm pretty sure I've seen a reducing bushing at Lowes that reduced that far
down. The bushing fits in an elbow, coupling, or tee, and then you can
connect the smaller pipe to the bushing. I think I saw one for 1/2" too.

In any case, is there some reason you can't use two reducers in series to
step down to the size you need? It seems easier to me than special ordering
a fitting if you can't find it locally.

Anthony
Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to just
3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go from 1-1/2"
to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

Thanks,

MC

Is this for electrical or plumbing?

Plumbing - sprinkler line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to
just 3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go
from 1-1/2" to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"?

I'm pretty sure I've seen a reducing bushing at Lowes that reduced that
far
down. The bushing fits in an elbow, coupling, or tee, and then you can
connect the smaller pipe to the bushing. I think I saw one for 1/2" too.

In any case, is there some reason you can't use two reducers in series to
step down to the size you need? It seems easier to me than special
ordering
a fitting if you can't find it locally.

Anthony

I will use two fittings if I have to, is there is one available I will use
that but if it's special order then I will just do the two steps.

Thanks,

MC