Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil furnace fuel pump

My Olsen furnace is making a whistling noise when using the heating
unit only, there is no noise when using air-con. I believe it is the
fuel pump (A2VA-7116 Suntec) on a Beckett motor. Question: How do I
replace this pump myself or do I need to hire a furnace contractor.
Hawk352
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 9, 11:30*pm, Hawk352 wrote:
My Olsen furnace is making a whistling noise when using the heating
unit only, there is no noise when using air-con. I believe it is the
fuel pump (A2VA-7116 Suntec) on a Beckett motor. Question: *How do I
replace this pump myself or do I need to hire a furnace contractor.
Hawk352

The whisting noise could be coming from the air intake grill on the
side of the burner when its sucking in air. It could be normal, but
have a guy come out and take a look, you are better off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hawk352 wrote:
My Olsen furnace is making a whistling noise when using the heating
unit only, there is no noise when using air-con. I believe it is the
fuel pump (A2VA-7116 Suntec) on a Beckett motor. Question: How do I
replace this pump myself or do I need to hire a furnace contractor.
Hawk352

Is the air inlet screen very dirty? If there is a lot of dust occluding
the opening it may be making a whistling noise as the required air
passes through the remaining small open area.

Changing out the oil pump is straight forward but may not be the
problem. have two of these in my home and it takes about an houreach
to tear them down, clean and adjust them. Beckett has made these quite
easy to service.

Get a copy of the Beckett service manual.