Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Broken EU2000i

I went to use it today and found the ecothrottle switch was broken off.

It started up and ran fine, but it now has the throttle permanently on. I
always use it that way anyhow, but the instructions say to start it with the
ET off.

How difficult would this be for me to replace? Or can it just be moved with
a screwdriver? I didn't want to mess with it for fear of making things
worse.

thanks much

Posted to alt.home.repair

I went to all the trouble of taking a picture, and then forgot to post it!

http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/throttle.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

jack wrote:
I went to use it today and found the ecothrottle switch was broken off.

It started up and ran fine, but it now has the throttle permanently on. I
always use it that way anyhow, but the instructions say to start it with the
ET off.

How difficult would this be for me to replace? Or can it just be moved with
a screwdriver? I didn't want to mess with it for fear of making things
worse.

I had no clue what you were talking about -- a Google found the
following quote from a review--
My main complaint is that the Eco-Throttle switch broke after only
about 200 hours of use. I got a free warranty replacement but it
didn't last long either. I finally stuck an old switch I had laying
around in it and it is fine now.

It appears to be a weak point--I'd suggest doing as this person did and
simply replace it w/ any other suitable switch of adequate rating (which
doesn't appear would be much based on the style shown in the picture).

A standard toggle switch would work just fine it would appear...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 7, 12:41*pm, "jack" wrote:
I went to all the trouble of taking a picture, and then forgot to post it!

http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/throttle.jpg

It shouldnt be hard but the point of long engine life and lower gas
consumption are lost without the switch working, without it might last
2-3000 hours, with light load of a few hundred watts it can last
12000+ with eco throttle on Low rpm = longer life.