Posted to alt.home.repair

Default the screws in the panel (holding the wires) are different sizes

the aluminum stranded wires seem to be held in the 2 pole breakers
(under the screws) with BIGGER headed screws.

ARE those bigger-headed screws ONLY for use to hold in aluminum wire?

this image should make clear what I'm talking about (an extreme closeup)

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...ews03final.jpg

thanks for advise,

toolie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"dave" wrote in message
the aluminum stranded wires seem to be held in the 2 pole breakers (under
the screws) with BIGGER headed screws.

ARE those bigger-headed screws ONLY for use to hold in aluminum wire?

this image should make clear what I'm talking about (an extreme closeup)

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...ews03final.jpg

thanks for advise,

toolie

The bigger set screws are to hold bigger conductors. All the terminals are
CU/AL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:31:00 -0400, dave
wrote:

the aluminum stranded wires seem to be held in the 2 pole breakers
(under the screws) with BIGGER headed screws.

ARE those bigger-headed screws ONLY for use to hold in aluminum wire?

this image should make clear what I'm talking about (an extreme closeup)

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...ews03final.jpg

thanks for advise,

toolie

The larger screws are for holding larger wire. If you check, the
holes will be larger. They are all for copper and aluminum.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 27, 6:31 pm, dave wrote:
the aluminum stranded wires seem to be held in the 2 pole breakers
(under the screws) with BIGGER headed screws.

ARE those bigger-headed screws ONLY for use to hold in aluminum wire?

this image should make clear what I'm talking about (an extreme closeup)

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...ews03final.jpg

thanks for advise,

toolie

I might be a little more concerned about what looks like a piece of
zip cord running through your panel.

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair

This wire is not here. You can not see this wire.

You need senstivity training. NO means NO! The course runs 26 weeks from 7
to 10 on Tuesday. Bring two forms of ID, and a note from your wife, if
married.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
On Sep 27, 6:31 pm, dave wrote:
the aluminum stranded wires seem to be held in the 2 pole breakers
(under the screws) with BIGGER headed screws.

ARE those bigger-headed screws ONLY for use to hold in aluminum wire?

this image should make clear what I'm talking about (an extreme closeup)

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...ews03final.jpg

thanks for advise,

toolie

I might be a little more concerned about what looks like a piece of
zip cord running through your panel.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 02:12:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

This wire is not here. You can not see this wire.

You need senstivity training. NO means NO! The course runs 26 weeks from 7
to 10 on Tuesday. Bring two forms of ID, and a note from your wife, if
married.

Your post is not here, considering that no one puts sigs in the wrong
place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Big_Jake posted for all of us...

http://www.image-upload.net/files/53...ews03final.jpg

thanks for advise,

toolie

I might be a little more concerned about what looks like a piece of
zip cord running through your panel.

JK

The zip tie is added extra!
--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.