DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   slow basement drain (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/260850-slow-basement-drain.html)

ltsgth1 September 21st 08 07:09 AM

slow basement drain

-------------------------------------

I recently purchased a new washer when it drains I get water backed up on
the floor,it drains,but it drains very slowly. What can I do to solve this
problem?Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I tried to to snake
the drain but it only went a short distance before it stopped. I do not
have any problems with any of the upstairs drains.

SteveBell September 21st 08 01:57 PM

slow basement drain

ltsgth1 wrote:

I recently purchased a new washer when it drains I get water backed
up on the floor,it drains,but it drains very slowly. What can I do to
solve this problem?Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I
tried to to snake the drain but it only went a short distance before
it stopped. I do not have any problems with any of the upstairs
drains.

There's your answer. You need to have the drain cleaned. Call your
favorite drain cleaning service. You *might* be able to rent the right
tools, but it's a nasty job.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement