Posted to alt.home.repair

Default slow basement drain

-------------------------------------

I recently purchased a new washer when it drains I get water backed up on
the floor,it drains,but it drains very slowly. What can I do to solve this
problem?Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I tried to to snake
the drain but it only went a short distance before it stopped. I do not
have any problems with any of the upstairs drains.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ltsgth1 wrote:

I recently purchased a new washer when it drains I get water backed
up on the floor,it drains,but it drains very slowly. What can I do to
solve this problem?Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I
tried to to snake the drain but it only went a short distance before
it stopped. I do not have any problems with any of the upstairs
drains.

There's your answer. You need to have the drain cleaned. Call your
favorite drain cleaning service. You *might* be able to rent the right
tools, but it's a nasty job.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Slow Basement Drain lagman Home Repair 4 May 31st 08 12:17 AM
Washer drain cycle pushing water up floor drain in basement Steve Brady Home Repair 7 May 8th 06 02:04 PM
any reason I couldn't tap into a French drain to use it as a basement floor drain? PH Home Repair 3 July 7th 04 01:30 PM
Slow drain sinks Joseph Home Repair 5 January 23rd 04 03:07 AM