Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exterior filler for nail holes

What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? I've been
trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in a
suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 8, 7:36*am, "JohnnyC" wrote:
What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? * I've been
trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in a
suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. *Thanks.

I use paint-able white silicone seal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JohnnyC" wrote in message

What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? I've been
trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in

suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. Thanks.

Dynamic Dynapatch (from www.getpainting.com) works in this
environment. You can make your own trials of the various fillers
available locally.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 8, 7:36*am, "JohnnyC" wrote:
What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? * I've been
trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in a
suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. *Thanks.

Durham's Water putty works for me. Has to be mixed like plaster, but
not affected by rain. A setting type drywall compound would probably
work pretty well.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/8/2008 5:36 AM JohnnyC spake thus:

What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? I've been
trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in a
suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. Thanks.

Crawford's painter's putty. Easy to use, lasts forever, comes in a can,
dries hard and sticks well, and is all-natural to boot. Available at
better building supply places everywhere.

- Paulo Freire

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lead putty

"JohnnyC" wrote in message
What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? I've been
trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in
a suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/8/2008 2:38 PM Old and Grunpy spake thus:

Lead putty

Yeah, right.

"JohnnyC" wrote in message
What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? I've been
trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in
a suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. Thanks.

--
A: Top posting.
Q: What's the most annoying thing seen on Usenet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

EXTERIOR Spackle
"
What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes?