DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishwasher question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/259131-dishwasher-question.html)

boden August 31st 08 03:46 PM

Dishwasher question

I'm looking for a dishwasher to put in my bar. All it will wash is bar
glasses, mostly lead or titanium crystal but I'd like these to emerge
spot free.

Ideally there will only be one control...START. I don't need a number
of different cycles.

Any suggestions?

Boden

Edwin Pawlowski August 31st 08 03:55 PM

Dishwasher question

"Boden" wrote in message
I'm looking for a dishwasher to put in my bar. All it will wash is bar
glasses, mostly lead or titanium crystal but I'd like these to emerge spot
free.

Ideally there will only be one control...START. I don't need a number of
different cycles.

Any suggestions?

Boden

First, if you use regular dishwashing detergent with leaded crystal it will
be ruined. Etched, fogged, rims damaged..

If all you have is glasses, look into the double sink that real bars use
with a solution for rinsing.

In the kitchen, my glasses come out perfect, sparkling clean and spot free.
My crystal is washed in the sink. I'm not taking a chance on $30 to $50
pieces getting ruined.

Wayne Boatwright[_3_] August 31st 08 04:05 PM

Dishwasher question

On Sun 31 Aug 2008 07:46:13a, Boden told us...

I'm looking for a dishwasher to put in my bar. All it will wash is bar
glasses, mostly lead or titanium crystal but I'd like these to emerge
spot free.

Ideally there will only be one control...START. I don't need a number
of different cycles.

Any suggestions?

Boden

If your willing to spend the bucks, there are commercial dishwasher make
expressly for that purpose. Even the racks are specialized for bareware.

Here is an example made by Hobart:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/5gjv6h

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 08(VIII)/31(XXXI)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Labor Day
16hrs
'He's dead, Jim -- Ensign Dahmer, stop
that!'

Flatus Johnson August 31st 08 04:32 PM

Dishwasher question

"Boden" wrote in message
I'm looking for a dishwasher to put in my bar. All it will wash is bar
glasses, mostly lead or titanium crystal but I'd like these to emerge spot
free.

Ideally there will only be one control...START. I don't need a number of
different cycles.

Any suggestions?

Boden

Wife, girlfriend, neighborhood tart...