Posted to alt.home.repair

Default California Real Estate License Question

Can anyone tell me what he chances are of getting a real estate
license in california with a 20 year old felony on ones record?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Newt wrote in message ...
Can anyone tell me what he chances are of getting a real estate
license in california with a 20 year old felony on ones record?

http://www.dre.ca.gov/lic_avoid_denial.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Newt wrote:
Can anyone tell me what he chances are of getting a real estate
license in california with a 20 year old felony on ones record?

I can't tell you the chances, but many states will not license a felon. This
is done so that clients can have the highest possible trust that their
agents are acting in the client's best interest, that the agents are
faithful to the duty the agent owes, and that the agent's fiduciary
responsibilities remain unsullied and untainted by selfish concerns.

No, wait...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 23, 7:32*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Newt wrote:
Can anyone tell me what he chances are of getting a real estate
license in california with a 20 year old felony on ones record?

I can't tell you the chances, but many states will not license a felon. This
is done so that clients can have the highest possible trust that their
agents are acting in the client's best interest, that the agents are
faithful to the duty the agent owes, and that the agent's fiduciary
responsibilities remain unsullied and untainted by selfish concerns.

No, wait...

Yes, but he did say it was California. With their, shall we say,
progressive views, would it surprise you if they encourage felons to
take real estate exams in prison so they will have a good job when
they are rehabilitated?