Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need Help with Hot Tub

I just bought a house and the owner had a perfectly working hot tub
that they purchased from vita spa in Tampa FL. Of course 3 weeks
after moving in, the control panel for it is deader than a doornail.
The problem is, I can't seem to find what kind it is. I've been able
to deduce from googling different images that it is a Sports series
lc500 mirage possibly. I've even gotten the model number and searched
all over google to find the exact model but still no luck. Here is
the model number: PTESL560SGG.
It was purchased in 2005. I even went to the place where it was
purchased with SEVERAL digitial pictures and they still have no idea.
Of course they really seemed like they could care less anyway.
I purchased a new display panel for it, you know the actual lcd
display with the buttons and all, and plugged it in where the old one
was plugged in, but no luck. I can tell the hot tub gets power
because there is a backlight display glowing around my control
panel.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get the model of hot tub I
have? I have the exact model and can even provide the serial
number. Also if it's not the lcd panel/button itself, then what else
could it be and how much could this cost me. Am I lucky enough that
this could just be some sort of fuse problem?
Any help on this GREATLY appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 19, 1:19*am, wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:48:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
[...]

My neighbor has something like this. There is a fuse in his control
panel out by the pumps that controls the LCD panel. There is also a
control board there that goes bad. *He has had nothing but trouble
with it and was going to replace it with regular air switch controls
the last time I talked to him about it.

They were replacing it under warranty until they stopped taking his
calls. I guess that is where you are.- Hide quoted text -

Many spas share common components. Apparently you found this out
because you managed to get a display/control panel without identifying
the actual spa.

If the panel just suddenly went blank and the spa doesn't operate, I
would not have assumed it was the control panel. These LCD panels
usually fail by slowly losing display segments, some of the push pads
stop working over time, etc. The other obvious major component is
the power pack that contains the electronics, relays, etc. It could
also be wiring. I've seen cases where rodents ate throught the cables
going to the display panel.

If you have some fundamental knowledge of electricity and feel safe
working with 240V, you could do some more probing around to check the
wiring, look for possible fuses in the power pack, etc. Otherwise, I
would arrange for a service call. Unless of course the spa is in an
overall condition that it would be better to get a new one.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Buk Buk is offline

On Aug 19, 10:26 am, wrote:
On Aug 19, 1:19 am, wrote:

[...]

Thanks everyone, it was actually the bozo kid at the spa retailer that
thought I should switch out the top control, lcd panel. I knew that
wasn't it, but he seemed certain. ANyway, now I'm just trying to find
someone to come out and look at it that knows what they're doing and
won't rip me off.