Posted to alt.home.repair

Default washer will not start

I have a kenmore series 80 washer its about 1 1/2 years old.

I put a bunch of cloths in for washing and turned on the knob and it
started fine.

30 seconds later and I opened up the lid and added another shirt in
the washer.

It stopped and will not start. I removed all the clothes and there
is water inside.

there is no cancel button.

Any advise would help. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rogv wrote:
I have a kenmore series 80 washer its about 1 1/2 years old.

I put a bunch of cloths in for washing and turned on the knob and it
started fine.

30 seconds later and I opened up the lid and added another shirt in
the washer.

It stopped and will not start. I removed all the clothes and there
is water inside.

there is no cancel button.

Any advise would help. Thanks.

Mess with the door interlock switch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 6:49*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
rogv wrote:
*I have a kenmore series 80 washer its about 1 1/2 years old.

*I put a bunch of cloths in for washing and turned on the knob and it
started fine.

*30 seconds later and I opened up the lid and added another shirt in
the washer.

*It stopped and will not start. *I removed all the clothes and there
is water inside.

*there is no cancel button.

*Any advise would help. *Thanks.

Mess with the door interlock switch.

where would that be? There is a lid on top.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 9:35*pm, rogv wrote:
On Aug 3, 6:49*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

rogv wrote:
*I have a kenmore series 80 washer its about 1 1/2 years old.

*I put a bunch of cloths in for washing and turned on the knob and it
started fine.

*30 seconds later and I opened up the lid and added another shirt in
the washer.

*It stopped and will not start. *I removed all the clothes and there
is water inside.

*there is no cancel button.

*Any advise would help. *Thanks.

Mess with the door interlock switch.

where would that be? *There is a lid on top.- Hide quoted text -

On our old Kenmore the lid switch only interrupts the 'spin'
functions. The washer works fine in all respects (fills with water,
agitates, and pumps out etc.) with the lid open; until it reaches
'spin' either for rinsing the clothes or the final spinning of water
out of them prior to ending its cycle.
So suggest it MAY NOT be the lid switch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 10:31*pm, terry wrote:
On Aug 3, 9:35*pm, rogv wrote:

On Aug 3, 6:49*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

rogv wrote:
*I have a kenmore series 80 washer its about 1 1/2 years old.

*I put a bunch of cloths in for washing and turned on the knob and it
started fine.

*30 seconds later and I opened up the lid and added another shirt in
the washer.

*It stopped and will not start. *I removed all the clothes and there
is water inside.

*there is no cancel button.

*Any advise would help. *Thanks.

Mess with the door interlock switch.

where would that be? *There is a lid on top.- Hide quoted text -

On our old Kenmore the lid switch only interrupts the 'spin'
functions. The washer works fine in all respects (fills with water,
agitates, and pumps out etc.) with the lid open; until it reaches
'spin' either for rinsing the clothes or the final spinning of water
out of them prior to ending its cycle.
So suggest it MAY NOT be the lid switch.- Hide quoted text -

True on older washers, but most new washers will not do anything with
the lid open, not even wash.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 11:19*pm, Mikepier wrote:
On Aug 3, 10:31*pm, terry wrote:

On Aug 3, 9:35*pm, rogv wrote:

On Aug 3, 6:49*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

rogv wrote:
[...]

the lid open, not even wash.- Hide quoted text -

You are probably right for safety it did stop it. But still, I am not
able to start the machine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 5:25*pm, rogv wrote:
* I have a kenmore series 80 washer its about 1 1/2 years old.

* I put a bunch of cloths in for washing and turned on the knob and it
started fine.

* 30 seconds later and I opened up the lid and added another shirt in
the washer.

* It stopped and will not start. *I removed all the clothes and there
is water inside.

* there is no cancel button.

* Any advise would help. *Thanks.

My kenmore had a bad lid switch but it only activated on spin cycle,
reset timer, turn full off and and on breaker and check for power.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 10:31 pm, terry wrote:

On Aug 3, 9:35 pm, rogv wrote:

On Aug 3, 6:49 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

rogv wrote:
[...]

Yes, but did you bother the switch?

Did you poke a pencil at it in an effort to bestir it into doing what it's
supposed to do?

Power washer with Honda engine won't start. TheRegit Home Repair 48 May 25th 21 08:35 PM
washer will not start rogv UK diy 0 August 3rd 08 11:26 PM
Washer Will Not Start -- No Fuse Involved Roger Helbig Home Repair 4 June 29th 05 01:58 AM
Whirlpool Catalyst Digital Washer Doesn't Start cj_shadow Home Repair 4 January 16th 04 05:48 PM
Washer cuts out at start of spin (Speed Queen/Amana) Dan O. Home Ownership 0 August 17th 03 10:31 PM