Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement drain below floor

I'm installing a one-piece shower/tub surround in the basement. The
builder left a concrete brick in the floor which I knocked out where a
drain and trap was located under a couple buckets of sand. After
hooking up the drain and overflow what should be done with the hole?
Should it be sealed or should I just dump and pack the
sand/stones/clay dirt back into the hole?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

If the tub needs support in the area I would fill it with something that
will give it support. Maybe cement or maybe expanding foam.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I'm installing a one-piece shower/tub surround in the basement. The
builder left a concrete brick in the floor which I knocked out where a
drain and trap was located under a couple buckets of sand. After
hooking up the drain and overflow what should be done with the hole?
Should it be sealed or should I just dump and pack the
sand/stones/clay dirt back into the hole?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 6:40*pm, Phisherman wrote:
I'm installing a one-piece shower/tub surround in the basement. *The
builder left a concrete brick in the floor which I knocked out where a
drain and trap was located under a couple buckets of sand. *After
hooking up the drain and overflow what should be done with the hole?
Should it be sealed or should I just dump and pack the
sand/stones/clay dirt back into the hole?

I'd use non shrink cement.