Old July 20th 08, 02:53 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lightening / Bleaching Travertine Floor Tile???

I recently received an order of "light" colored travertine floor
tile. Only this is, it's mostly "medium" to "dark" in color. The
vendor told me that because it's natural stone, it's subject to
"natural variation" in color. I accept this answer, but I'm not too
happy about it.

So what I'd like to know is this: Is there any solution that I can
apply to the tile (hydrogen peroxide, bleach, etc.) that will lighten
its color? Is there a commercial product available? Is there
anything the tile installer can do, perhaps with a certain type of
sealer?

Thanks very much.

Old July 18th 17, 07:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to gobofraggle, Donalyn wrote:
Did you get an answer or find a solution

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...le-319993-.htm

Old July 18th 17, 02:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/18/2017 1:14 AM, Donalyn wrote:
replying to gobofraggle, Donalyn wrote:
Did you get an answer or find a solution

He did. The acid in gerbil urine will lighten the color. He lt loose a
herd of hundreds of gerbils and after six moths of letting them loose,
he was happy with the color of the floor. The residual odor is starting
to lighten up too.

The pyramids were built with onyx but look how they lightened up after
years of pigeon crap on them. Works