Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grout for outside, large gaps

Hi folks,

On my slab porch out front, I placed some randomly positioned/broken
up slate tiles in mortar and once it dries will need to fill the gaps.
normally you'd use grout, but the gaps are big - some 3 inches... what
can I use to fill them? has to be something that hardens that I can
seal - if I just throw sand or pebbles down, rain will leak through
and dissolve the mortar. do they make grout specifically for large
gaps? should I use cement or something?

Thanks everyone...

tiling grout gaps SoWeezy UK diy 2 May 10th 06 04:33 PM
does grout sealer make grout waterproof? bob Home Repair 3 October 20th 05 03:53 AM
Hyde "Wet And Set" Plastering Product For Very Large Gaps: Anyone Ever Use ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 July 14th 05 02:54 PM
for Sale Large SPINDLE Adaptor and Large 3C Collet for S/Bend LATHE [email protected] Metalworking 0 January 11th 05 09:32 PM