Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Need source for tire tubes

Popped the bead on my 11 x 4.00 - 4 riding mower tubeless tire. Trying
to remount it has been an example of continued frustration.

Googling mounting of these tires found many responses saying just go
ahead and use tubes. Online search turns up some for 5" tire but not 4".

Any known sources?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Jim wrote:
Googling mounting of these tires found many responses saying just go
ahead and use tubes. Online search turns up some for 5" tire but not 4".

Any known sources?

Local tire/lawn shops...

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

On Jun 29, 9:45 am, Jim wrote:
Popped the bead on my 11 x 4.00 - 4 riding mower tubeless tire. Trying
to remount it has been an example of continued frustration.

Googling mounting of these tires found many responses saying just go
ahead and use tubes. Online search turns up some for 5" tire but not 4".

Any known sources?

Maybe you could try wrapping a belt or slip-knotted cord around the
perimeter of the tire and cinching it down while putting the air chuck
to the valve stem. This pushes the tire bead out towards the wheel
rim, and if you're lucky, it'll catch. Tom
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

No Kidding. Some things are NOT worth ordering long distance, or (IMHO)
wasting time and bloody knuckles doing yourself. Take the wheel off,

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim wrote:
Popped the bead on my 11 x 4.00 - 4 riding mower tubeless tire.
Trying to remount it has been an example of continued frustration.

Googling mounting of these tires found many responses saying just go
ahead and use tubes. Online search turns up some for 5" tire but not
4".

Any known sources?

Use the 5" tube. It'll expand to fill the space. Or pop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim,

For tires and tubes you might try http://www.mower-parts.net/, which is part
of Mill Supply.

If you remove the valve from the valve stem before you try inflating the
tire to reseat it, you may have better luck. Doing so should allow the air
to flow in fast enough to seat the tire. That, along with a bit of liquid
soap applied to the tire, should help make it slip back onto the rim. As
others here have mentioned, a rope or belt tightened around the
circumference of the tire may be needed too.

Hope this helps.

Peter.