DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Silverfish infestation? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/254040-silverfish-infestation.html)

[email protected] June 26th 08 05:42 AM

Silverfish infestation?

How many silverfish must you see in order for it to be called an
"infestation"? Years ago I saw them frequently in the summer, but
never in the winter. In recent years, I've seen them in the winter
too (although not as frequently in the summer) - must be global
warming. In the summer, I see maybe an average of 2-3 per day around
the house. Not that I'm actively searching for them, so there's
probably a bunch that I don't see crawling around. Is it normal to
see them everyday?

A few times in the last few weeks, I have even been woken up suddenly
by a ticklish feeling on my arm, to find a silverfish crawling on me!

franz fripplfrappl June 26th 08 11:56 AM

Silverfish infestation?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:42:43 -0700, wrote:

How many silverfish must you see in order for it to be called an
"infestation"? Years ago I saw them frequently in the summer, but never
in the winter. In recent years, I've seen them in the winter too
(although not as frequently in the summer) - must be global warming. In
the summer, I see maybe an average of 2-3 per day around the house. Not
that I'm actively searching for them, so there's probably a bunch that I
don't see crawling around. Is it normal to see them everyday?

A few times in the last few weeks, I have even been woken up suddenly by
a ticklish feeling on my arm, to find a silverfish crawling on me!

Destroy habitat and they should go away. There are pesticides that
should create a barrier for these and other pests. Go to a garden center
and start reading labels.

http://doyourownpestcontrol.com/silverfish.htm seems to be as good a
source as any for info.

Franz Fripplfrappl