Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air compressor oil

Since I have never done it for the past 10 years I feel like I should
change the oil in my compressor. It was used when I got it and I don`t
know what kind of oil to use. Please be specific with a reply----what
brand and weight? Thanks a lot

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 5:42*am, (Herb and Eneva) wrote:
* Since I have never done it for the past 10 years I feel like I should
change the oil in my compressor. It was used when I got it and I don`t
know what kind of oil to use. * Please be specific with a reply----what
brand and weight? *Thanks a lot

I would use Amsoil air compressor oil. Amsoil is a synthetic oil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pretty standard, but also a bit difficult to find:
Non detergent 20 weight. The brand is immaterial.

I have two compressors running on Mobil ! synthetic.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Herb and Eneva" wrote in message
Since I have never done it for the past 10 years I feel like I
should
change the oil in my compressor. It was used when I got it and I
don`t
know what kind of oil to use. Please be specific with a
reply----what
brand and weight? Thanks a lot

Posted to alt.home.repair

Compressors typically use a non-detergent oil. I got some ND-30 at Napa auto
parts stores. It was about the same price as auto motor oil.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Herb and Eneva" wrote in message
Since I have never done it for the past 10 years I feel like I should
change the oil in my compressor. It was used when I got it and I don`t
know what kind of oil to use. Please be specific with a reply----what
brand and weight? Thanks a lot

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Herb and Eneva wrote:
Since I have never done it for the past 10 years I feel like I should
change the oil in my compressor. It was used when I got it and I don`t
know what kind of oil to use. Please be specific with a reply----what
brand and weight? Thanks a lot

Please be specific with your compressor: Brand and model number.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I just used regular non-detergent oil that they sell at Wal-Mart by
the quart in the right weight. Much cheaper than stuff labeled as oil
for an air compressor.

Help with compressor daniel peterman Metalworking 12 May 19th 06 03:07 PM
Air compressor Andy & Carol Home Repair 7 April 14th 06 04:01 AM
Compressor needs 15A Jim UK diy 5 April 27th 05 05:32 PM
Air compressor Yaofeng Home Repair 12 October 15th 04 10:09 PM
Air Compressor Oil Jim Frogge Metalworking 10 September 7th 04 03:04 AM