Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen faucet, fix or replace?

Hello:

We have a older ( 10yrs?) kitchen faucet made by Price Pfister.
It is a single handle unit with a separate sprayer. I believe it is
one of these models - (34-4) , ( J34-4), (834-4)

The operation of the handle has become rough & jerky. But it still
works. No leaking or dripping. Can this be fixed with maintenance
or must it be replaced? If it MUST be replaced what is a good brand
in the $75-$125 price range. Single or dual handle is OK. A sprayer
is not necessary (we never use it anyway) but the end of the faucet
must accept the screw-in -piece from our portable dish washer.

Thanks, Phil
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phil" wrote in message
Hello:

We have a older ( 10yrs?) kitchen faucet made by Price Pfister.
It is a single handle unit with a separate sprayer. I believe it is
one of these models - (34-4) , ( J34-4), (834-4)

The operation of the handle has become rough & jerky. But it still
works. No leaking or dripping. Can this be fixed with maintenance
or must it be replaced? If it MUST be replaced what is a good brand
in the $75-$125 price range. Single or dual handle is OK. A sprayer
is not necessary (we never use it anyway) but the end of the faucet
must accept the screw-in -piece from our portable dish washer.

Thanks, Phil

You probably have mineral deposits mingled in with the moving parts.
Disassemble and soak the parts in warm vinegar, and scrub with a toothbrush.
Water can also contain debris large enough to etch some parts and cause
friction. Call a real plumbing supply store to find replacement parts. Might
be as simple as what's called a "rebuild kit".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:54:16 +0000, Phil wrote:

Hello:

We have a older ( 10yrs?) kitchen faucet made by Price Pfister. It is a
single handle unit with a separate sprayer. I believe it is one of these
models - (34-4) , ( J34-4), (834-4)

The operation of the handle has become rough & jerky. But it still
works. No leaking or dripping. Can this be fixed with maintenance or
must it be replaced? If it MUST be replaced what is a good brand in the
$75-$125 price range. Single or dual handle is OK. A sprayer is not
necessary (we never use it anyway) but the end of the faucet must accept
the screw-in -piece from our portable dish washer.

Thanks, Phil

Aw, heck, go treat yourselves to a new faucet that would make kitchen
work easier and more fun. There's a time to fix things and a time to
enjoy something new and exciting.

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

We have a older ( 10yrs?) kitchen faucet made by Price Pfister.. single
handle unit with a separate sprayer. I believe it is
one of these models - (34-4) , ( J34-4), (834-4)

The operation of the handle has become rough & jerky. But it still
works. No leaking or dripping. Can this be fixed with maintenance

A neighbor (widow) had similar issues with her Delta faucet. I took the
handle and top section off( a 'cap' pops off the top of this model revealing
the pivot/pin and plastic pivot/seat). I got hold of Delta @ their 800
number and they mailed out TWO new parts..No Charge- it was the plastic part
that had worn out.
Ten minutes later, good as new. I think I read that PF backs their faucets
with a lifetime warranty. Open it up if you can (turn water off first under
the sink) hava look and if you see a part thats worn, may need cleaning or
a little grease, give it a go or call PF for parts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phil" wrote in message
Hello:

We have a older ( 10yrs?) kitchen faucet made by Price Pfister.
It is a single handle unit with a separate sprayer. I believe it is
one of these models - (34-4) , ( J34-4), (834-4)

The operation of the handle has become rough & jerky. But it still
works. No leaking or dripping. Can this be fixed with maintenance
or must it be replaced? If it MUST be replaced what is a good brand
in the $75-$125 price range. Single or dual handle is OK. A sprayer
is not necessary (we never use it anyway) but the end of the faucet
must accept the screw-in -piece from our portable dish washer.

Thanks, Phil

I fixed mine for free with a replacement cartridge from the 800#. But,
every once in a while, I do have to take it out and clean it by putting it
in vinegar, then flowing water. Works for another three months.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Phil, Ralph F Chianelli wrote:
Nearly all faucet companies will either send repair parts free of charge or a
replacement faucet if they can no longer get the parts. They even send a
different model of equal or greater value as your old one...give them a call!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ce-313152-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 16, 2008 at 11:54:16 AM UTC-4, Phil wrote:
Hello:

We have a older ( 10yrs?) kitchen faucet made by Price Pfister.
It is a single handle unit with a separate sprayer. I believe it is
one of these models - (34-4) , ( J34-4), (834-4)

The operation of the handle has become rough & jerky. But it still
works. No leaking or dripping. Can this be fixed with maintenance
or must it be replaced? If it MUST be replaced what is a good brand
in the $75-$125 price range. Single or dual handle is OK. A sprayer
is not necessary (we never use it anyway) but the end of the faucet
must accept the screw-in -piece from our portable dish washer.

Thanks, Phil

firsti would replumb so the dishwasher is permanetely connected to water and sewer. i did this here, the dishwasher had to go on the other side of the kitchen but its super convenient

then replace the faucet. i like delta single handle faucets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Ralph F Chianelli, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
Well Ralphie, you are replying to an *EIGHT YEAR OLD* thread. I suspect Phil
has not been waiting around all these years for you to jump in and offer
useless advice.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ce-313152-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 8:44:05 PM UTC-5, Ralph F Chianelli wrote:
replying to Phil, Ralph F Chianelli wrote:
Nearly all faucet companies will either send repair parts free of charge or a
replacement faucet if they can no longer get the parts. They even send a
different model of equal or greater value as your old one...give them a call!
--

Unfortunately, in the winter of 2008, Phil's home exploded due to a gas leak because he tried to install a gas heater by himself. He is survived by a wife, 16 children and 342 gerbils. It was a real tragedy. The gerbils really miss him. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Gassy Monster