Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well, I did it -- first time ever

Painted myself into a corner yesterday.

Painting floor of the front porch (staining, actually -- Cabot solid
stain). Arranged my drop cloth, paint buckets, brush, roller, etc.,
etc., neatly on the steps, which are centered on the porch.

Stirred the paint with the stirrer on my drill, blocked my paint from
can to can, wiped the dust out of the brush pail, wiped the dust out
of the roller tray, cut in the edges with a 4-inch brush, filled up
the roller tray, and started rolling the porch floor.

Rolled from one end to the other. Got about 3/4 of the way through,
looked around, and wondered: "How and I getting off this porch -- I've
painted past the stairs."

Fortunately, the porch is only two feet off the ground.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 5:45*pm, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
wrote:
Painted myself into a corner yesterday.

Painting floor of the front porch (staining, actually -- Cabot solid
stain). *Arranged my drop cloth, paint buckets, brush, roller, etc.,
etc., neatly on the steps, which are centered on the porch.

Stirred the paint with the stirrer on my drill, blocked my paint from
can to can, wiped the dust out of the brush pail, wiped the dust out
of the roller tray, cut in the edges with a 4-inch brush, filled up
the roller tray, and started rolling the porch floor.

Rolled from one end to the other. *Got about 3/4 of the way through,
looked around, and wondered: "How and I getting off this porch -- I've
painted past the stairs."

Fortunately, the porch is only two feet off the ground.

Too bad you didn't paint the railing too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Painted myself into a corner yesterday.

Painting floor of the front porch (staining, actually -- Cabot solid
stain). *Arranged my drop cloth, paint buckets, brush, roller, etc.,
etc., neatly on the steps, which are centered on the porch.

Stirred the paint with the stirrer on my drill, blocked my paint from
can to can, wiped the dust out of the brush pail, wiped the dust out
of the roller tray, cut in the edges with a 4-inch brush, filled up
the roller tray, and started rolling the porch floor.

Rolled from one end to the other. *Got about 3/4 of the way through,
looked around, and wondered: "How and I getting off this porch -- I've
painted past the stairs."

Fortunately, the porch is only two feet off the ground.

Too bad you didn't paint the railing too.- Hide quoted text -

Pay attention.

The porch floor is 24 inches off the ground. Code requires a railing
if the porch floor is 30 inches or more off the ground.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've seen plenty of porches with railings that are only three steps
up.
I've seen plenty of porches that were built before codes were in
effect.
I've seen porches where people have ignored code.
I've seen approved porches where the building inspector ignored code.
I've seen plenty of things - haven't seen your porch and nobody else
here has either.

Your "anecdote" wasn't funny. Please try harder. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names" wrote in message

Pay attention.

The porch floor is 24 inches off the ground. Code requires a railing
if the porch floor is 30 inches or more off the ground.

So there are no porches 24" off the ground with no railing?