Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 6ft 1500W baseboard or 1500W space heater?

I was looking to put in some kind of supplemental heat in my basement.
This would only be for the winter. I was thinking of a 6ft 1500W
electic baseboard, but from what I've resarched, a 1500W space heater
puts out the same heat (5115 BTU's). I already have a dedicated
110Voutlet ( I have enough wire to feed in the baseboard and convert
to 220 if need be). Obviously the biggest advantage is I save wall
space and plus I can put the space heater away when the season is
over. Any opinions? Would I gain anything by putting in baseboard?

How to Tell if Baseboard Heater is 2 or 4 Wire? Filipo Home Repair 10 February 4th 21 03:45 AM
Hydronic elecric baseboard heater vs standard electric baseboard heater John Sevinsky Home Repair 7 March 5th 14 12:13 AM
baseboard heater j Electronics Repair 6 November 27th 07 10:18 PM
baseboard heater [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 19th 06 07:57 PM
remove baseboard heater ? Aoime Home Repair 0 November 17th 04 05:15 AM