Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Granite bathroom backsplash and sidesplash - Adhesive?

I need to install my bathroom granite back splash and side splash and was
wondering what the best method would be to install it. Should I just use
PL400 adhesive? I am thinking I shouldn't in case I need to take the granite
counter top off some day. I am not sure what adhesive to use. I was thinking
I may be able to get away with some silicone on the back and bottom of the
back and side splash. Not sure.

Also should I seal the back of these before I put them on? I am thinking
just the front will need to be sealed. While I am at it, what type of sealer
should I pick up? I have grout sealer, but not sure if this is what I should
also use. I am told I need to seal the granite counter top once every year.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 00:28:20 GMT, "Doobielicious"
wrote:

I need to install my bathroom granite back splash and side splash and was
wondering what the best method would be to install it. Should I just use
PL400 adhesive? I am thinking I shouldn't in case I need to take the granite
counter top off some day. I am not sure what adhesive to use. I was thinking
I may be able to get away with some silicone on the back and bottom of the
back and side splash. Not sure.

Also should I seal the back of these before I put them on? I am thinking
just the front will need to be sealed. While I am at it, what type of sealer
should I pick up? I have grout sealer, but not sure if this is what I should
also use. I am told I need to seal the granite counter top once every year.

Thanks for your help.

When they installed my granite countertop they used construction
adhesive to glue the backsplash to the wall and then silicone caulk to
seal the seam between the backsplash and the counter. They did not
glue the bottom of the backsplash to the counter.

They did not seal the back. in fact it was rather rough cut and I'm
not sure sealing would have worked.

-dickm
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doobielicious" wrote in message
[...]

When they did my kitchen ( with back splash) they used only silicone. He
said in some cases the liquid nails or construction adhesives bled threw.