Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PVC Hairline leaks

I have a lawn timed system and some of the PVC pipes in the basic set
up has leaks. I have consider moving the entire unit outside instead
of repairing the PVC leaks. However, I would like to have a quite fix
(if there is one) until I can get to that project. Please help....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 11:20�am, trax wrote:
I have a lawn timed system and some of the PVC pipes in the basic set
up has leaks. �I have consider moving the entire unit outside instead
of repairing the PVC leaks. �However, I would like to have a quite fix
(if there is one) until I can get to that project. �Please help.....

electric tape wrapped tightly and overlapped on a clean pipe may do it
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 8:20*am, trax wrote:
I have a lawn timed system and some of the PVC pipes in the basic set
up has leaks. *I have consider moving the entire unit outside instead
of repairing the PVC leaks. *However, I would like to have a quite fix
(if there is one) until I can get to that project. *Please help....

Don't know if this will work, never tried it - maybe you could take a
hunk of the next bigger diameter PVC pipe cut to length, slice it down
the middle the long way, slop solvent on the outside of the leaking
pipe and the inside of the bigger pipe, and mash them together. Might
give you enough of a seal to stop the leaks?

The home stores also sell repair couplings - you cut out the leaking
section, put solvent on the 2 female ends, pull to adjust to length
while gluing it, and Bob's your uncle. Used one of those in my front
yard about 4 years ago, still working fine.

Jerry
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 3:08*pm, Jerry wrote:
On Jun 5, 8:20*am, trax wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the into. It's now repaired and so far seems to be working
great!!
Thanks again,
Trax
www.swimmingpoolsfacts.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trax" wrote in message
Thanks for the into. It's now repaired and so far seems to be working
great!!
Thanks again,
Trax

So, what did you do to fix it? I was going to suggest to just try letting
it dry out, throwing a little solvent on the leak/crack areas, and then
slapping some of the glue on the cracks and see if the leaks re-seal
themselves.