Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replacing buried oil tank or switch to another fuel

I live outside of Orange County, Middletown, NY and heat with oil.
The house is 20 years old. The furnace is 4 years old. I decided in
April it might be a good idea to replace the 275 gallon buried oil tank
before it became a problem. I am seeing estimates for the total job of
removing old tank and replacing with an above ground outdoor 330 gal
tank (space issue) of around $4k. That includes a plastic "dog house"
around the new tank.

Budget plan oil delivery cap price for next season is looking to be
around $4.60 per gallon.

Natural gas is not available in my area.

Should I go ahead with tank replacement or have my HVAC guy rip out the
4 year old furnace and change over to another fuel like propane ?
Propane is running about $3.90 per gallon.

Steve

Old fuel tank gauge? ? ? Ray Home Repair 11 August 17th 07 04:46 PM
Need advise on buried oil tank service vs replacement Steven W. Orr Home Repair 7 April 29th 07 04:31 PM
fuel oil tank terri Home Repair 18 January 28th 07 03:10 AM
fuel tank--free Bill Martin Metalworking 2 October 4th 05 05:13 PM
Is it OK to grind this fuel tank....? jim rozen Metalworking 14 February 17th 05 05:22 PM