Posted to alt.home.repair
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Dimitrios Paskoudniakis is offline

Default replacing buried oil tank or switch to another fuel

On 2008-06-04, Steven Stone wrote:

Budget plan oil delivery cap price for next season is looking to be
around $4.60 per gallon.

Should I go ahead with tank replacement or have my HVAC guy rip out the
4 year old furnace and change over to another fuel like propane ?
Propane is running about $3.90 per gallon.

$3.90 propane is a lot more expensive that $4.60 heating oil.

If a gallon of propane is 91,300 BTU and a gallon of heating oil
is 138,800 BTU, then $3.90 propane is equivolent to $5.93 heating
oil.

Can't you get a heating oil tank and put it in your basement?
I think that would be a lot cheaper.

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at:

What about a heat pump as primary with oil used only as emergency backup
heat?