Posted to alt.home.repair

Default howto? basement drain (for washer)

I need to install a washer in a basement, problem is there is no drain in
the area. The only real option is to pump it up and over then tie it into
the drain stack on the opposite side of the house.

I've seen "boxes" before that had a pump in them, but I have no idea what
these are called.

Any ideas what those boxes are called and what they are priced?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerry Cloe wrote:

I need to install a washer in a basement, problem is there is no drain in
the area. The only real option is to pump it up and over then tie it into
the drain stack on the opposite side of the house.

I've seen "boxes" before that had a pump in them, but I have no idea what
these are called.

Any ideas what those boxes are called and what they are priced?

Packaged sewer ejector system:

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/sewagepackages.html

You'll probably have to plan on a (small) vent pipe
as well as the large drain. See if the mfr has a .pdf
of the install plans.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 24, 6:51�pm, "Jerry Cloe" wrote:
I need to install a washer in a basement, problem is there is no drain in
the area. �The only real option is to pump it up and over then tie it into
the drain stack on the opposite side of the house.

I've seen "boxes" before that had a pump in them, but I have no idea what
these are called.

Any ideas what those boxes are called and what they are priced?

concrete floors can be peetrated, run the line properly underground,
its good for home value.

a jackhammer makes it easy, i did it once with a masonary drill, and
small sledge.

bit made initial hole, i started as a experiment and continued cause
it was easy.

if you dig out under the concrete and hit with sledge it breaks easy
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...e&NpsRfrMfg=10
or: http://tinyurl.com/3adbus

--