Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pride LiftChair Hand Control Cable

Coiled cable for hand control Pride Chair TMR575 w/heat & massage.

Due to poor design of the strain relief, my coiled cable keeps breaking at
the control despite several repairs. The problem is that the strain
relief is too brittle and cracks without much assistance from me. I've
repaired the broken wires and reinforced the cable inside the hand control
housing itself. All to no avail. It is now beyond the pale and will not
be repaired. While looking into replacing it, Pride tells me that they
will not sell me the cable seperately, I must buy it with the control. It
is under warranty for parts but the service dude wants $80 to affect the
repair. If I could find the cable I could swap it in 5 minutes.

Anybody know if the coiled cable is available anywhere?
Any suggestions?

Thanks..
Jake

Ah! Brooklyn - Best pizza & bagels on the planet...
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

This of any help jake ?
http://www.phc-online.com/Lift_Chair_Parts_s/14923.htm

"rjake" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Central Heating control cable from Screwfix Alan UK diy 16 March 30th 07 08:01 PM
Machine control cable noah UK diy 13 March 3rd 07 03:13 PM
Is there a tool to control depth of hand drilling? Albert Woodworking 9 December 14th 06 12:01 PM
Remote control to turn on cable box, select a channel, then vcr bytimer? Dan Electronics Repair 4 June 29th 06 08:19 PM
Armored control cable Fillister Metalworking 7 October 31st 05 04:31 PM