DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Home Despot (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/249512-home-despot.html)

just a private May 10th 08 12:34 PM

Home Despot

read n paper where they are closing 15 stores, mostly up north & n new
england

in the bonds of the old south

Michael Lane

They were the dirtest men I ever saw, the most ragged, lean & hungry set
of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked.

A northern woman watching Lee's army pass .

James May 10th 08 02:05 PM

Home Despot

what is this crap ???

--------------------------------

JoeSpareBedroom May 10th 08 02:12 PM

Home Despot

It came from a webtv user. That's synonymous for "idiot".

"James" wrote in message
. ..
what is this crap ???

--------------------------------

Kurt Ullman May 10th 08 02:15 PM

Home Despot

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

It came from a webtv user. That's synonymous for "idiot".

Now why would you go and needlessly insult idiots like that?

JoeSpareBedroom May 10th 08 02:21 PM

Home Despot

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

It came from a webtv user. That's synonymous for "idiot".

Now why would you go and needlessly insult idiots like that?

Grumpy. Need more coffee. :)

SteveB May 10th 08 08:22 PM

Home Despot

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

It came from a webtv user. That's synonymous for "idiot".

Now why would you go and needlessly insult idiots like that?

I agree. Anyone who posts from webtv is an obvious idiot, and needs no
insulting.

Steve

Tony Sivori May 11th 08 08:57 AM

Home Despot

James wrote:

what is this crap ???

It appears to be an improperly formatted sig, a quote from a civil war
history. No worse than top posting, I guess.

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.

HeyBub[_3_] May 11th 08 05:23 PM

Home Despot

just a private wrote:
read n paper where they are closing 15 stores, mostly up north & n new
england

Yep. Meanwhile, they're opening 192 new stores in the coming year.

Jennifer[_5_] May 11th 08 06:54 PM

Home Despot

just a private wrote:

read n paper where they are closing 15 stores, mostly up north & n new
england

Incorrect. The only Home Depot store closing in New England is in
Brattleboro,
Vermont. The other 14 closing stores are not in New England.

See the thread you also started on this subject on May 3.

propman[_2_] May 12th 08 01:50 AM

Home Despot

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

just a private wrote:
read n paper where they are closing 15 stores, mostly up north & n new
england

Yep. Meanwhile, they're opening 192 new stores in the coming year.

..........and upgrading their 'puters/software. My roommate, who works for
them, has to attend three upgrade sessions in the next couple of months.

Dick Adams[_2_] May 12th 08 02:54 AM

Home Despot

HeyBub wrote:
just a private wrote:

read n paper where they are closing 15 stores,
mostly up north & n new england

Yep. Meanwhile, they're opening 192 new stores in the coming year.

Most will be in the South and the West.

AZ Nomad[_2_] May 12th 08 03:15 PM

Home Despot

On Sun, 11 May 2008 23:42:13 -0700, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/11/2008 7:39 PM No One spake thus:

snip
And *yet another* WebTV user checks in and proves the point!

I could have easily gone the rest of my life without reading that turd which
my killfile had eliminated, but you thought so wonderful that it deserved
being posted again.

David Nebenzahl May 12th 08 07:05 PM

Home Despot

On 5/12/2008 7:15 AM AZ Nomad spake thus:

On Sun, 11 May 2008 23:42:13 -0700, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 5/11/2008 7:39 PM No One spake thus:

snip
And *yet another* WebTV user checks in and proves the point!

I could have easily gone the rest of my life without reading that turd which
my killfile had eliminated, but you thought so wonderful that it deserved
being posted again.

So you're saying I *forced* you to read their post? Hey, I didn't know I
had that much power!

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill

Kurt Ullman May 12th 08 07:11 PM

Home Despot

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

So you're saying I *forced* you to read their post? Hey, I didn't know I
had that much power!

Use the power wisely, Weedhopper.

SteveB May 12th 08 10:54 PM

Home Despot

David Nebenzahl wrote:

So you're saying I *forced* you to read their post? Hey, I didn't know I
had that much power!

Use the power wisely, Weedhopper.

Shouldn't that be Weedsmoker?

SteveB May 12th 08 10:55 PM

Home Despot

s.com...

wrote:

On 5/11/2008 7:39 PM No One spake thus:

snip
And *yet another* WebTV user checks in and proves the point!

I could have easily gone the rest of my life without reading that turd
which
my killfile had eliminated, but you thought so wonderful that it deserved
being posted again.

So you're saying I *forced* you to read their post? Hey, I didn't know I
had that much power!

Power this:

plonk

David Nebenzahl May 14th 08 08:15 AM

Home Despot

On 5/13/2008 6:04 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

A true Newsgroup Jedi knows when to use the Force.

Sorry, I'm still in the Academy ...

(Speaking of Usenet Jedis, none would use Outhouse Express. My
newsreader clipped all else in your post, as it ended up below your sig.)