Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet quality

I just bought a new Toilet from Home Depot and would like to know what
the difference is in quality.

I paid $79 for Glacier Bay All in One toilet with 1.6 gallons per
flush with a 2" Fully Glaced Trapway and Siphon Jet Flush.

The toilet will go into a basement half bathroom in a 35 year old
house.

Please advise what quality will I sacrafice by getting this lower cost
toilet compared to more expensive ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I just bought a new Toilet from Home Depot and would like to know what
the difference is in quality.

I paid $79 for Glacier Bay All in One toilet with 1.6 gallons per
flush with a 2" Fully Glaced Trapway and Siphon Jet Flush.

The toilet will go into a basement half bathroom in a 35 year old
house.

Please advise what quality will I sacrafice by getting this lower cost
toilet compared to more expensive ones.

Homework, after the fact:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h...Te rm=toilets

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 7:04*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

I just bought a new Toilet from Home Depot and would like to know what
the difference is in quality.

I paid $79 for Glacier Bay All in One toilet with 1.6 gallons per
flush with a 2" Fully Glaced Trapway and Siphon Jet Flush.

The toilet will go into a basement half bathroom in a 35 year old
house.

Please advise what quality will I sacrafice by getting this lower cost
toilet compared to more expensive ones.

Homework, after the fact:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h.../bathroom-remo...

Since Joes link is bs, I will tell you I have installed, 12 in the
last year and all are fine, but my price is 59.95 and so is HDs on
sale price , so get 20 buks bak at HD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I just bought a new Toilet from Home Depot and would like to know what
the difference is in quality.

I paid $79 for Glacier Bay All in One toilet with 1.6 gallons per
flush with a 2" Fully Glaced Trapway and Siphon Jet Flush.

The toilet will go into a basement half bathroom in a 35 year old
house.

Please advise what quality will I sacrafice by getting this lower cost
toilet compared to more expensive ones.

Homework, after the fact:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h.../bathroom-remo...

Since Joes link is bs, I will tell you I have installed, 12 in the
last year and all are fine, but my price is 59.95 and so is HDs on
sale price , so get 20 buks bak at HD

==============

Why is the link bs?

1) It works.

2) CR did a good job of testing toilets many toilets, something nobody here
can do.

3) If the OP has a brain, he'll figure out what he needs to do in order to
read the story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

read the story.- Hide quoted text -

OK today the link works for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I paid $79 for Glacier Bay All in One toilet with 1.6 gallons per
flush with a 2" Fully Glaced Trapway and Siphon Jet Flush.

Well, as usual products in the US are different from products here in
Germany. Regarding toilets I had very different experience in quiality-
price ratio. However, what was really worth the price was a lamination
that keeps dirt off and simplifies cleaning.

Oh well, this might be not so interesting in the US as in Europe since
your toilets are full of water while ours aren't...

virtuPIC
--
Airspace V - international hangar flying!
http://www.airspace-v.com/ggadgets for tools & toys