Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roof Stains

Hi: Although a lot has been written about algae-moss-moss, etc. on
roofs, it's still difficult to diagnose. The stains are black in dry
weather and red after a rain. There was also moss growing but I think
I killed them off last fall with a number of Safer applications - also
Bayer - for roofs. The tufts of moss at the edges of the shingles
turned orange from their green, growing state and look to be kaput.
However, the stain persists. My guess is mildew, but I'm not sure and
don't know how to be sure about what it is. Also, because it's a 12/12
roof, I'm not about to go up there and scrub it. Any suggestions on
how to diagnose and treat it would be, of course, appreciated. There
are many roof cleaners on the web but they also deal in a lot of hype
and fear-mongering, so I don't trust them at face value. If anyone has
used any of them successfuly, please let me know...

english

Cost Estimate - Sunken rafters under the roof (showing dips in the roof) [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 2nd 06 04:28 PM
oil stains tolbiny Home Repair 6 October 2nd 06 01:08 AM
Steel cladding roof insulation? -Was Corrugated roof + laser levels Harry Bloomfield UK diy 2 July 20th 06 03:09 PM
roof ladder that can attach to a party wall instead of a roof ridge? [email protected] UK diy 2 July 11th 06 09:30 PM
Removing stains from house roof shingles Bob Home Repair 4 July 23rd 04 06:07 PM