DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pieces of slate (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/247971-pieces-slate.html)

[email protected] April 29th 08 01:31 PM

Pieces of slate

Hi...I am looking for some info on a slate quarry or other place where
I can get some small pieces of slate. Do not want anything too big
and color is really not of concern. Just looking for cracked ends,
split pieces etc. If anyone can suggest a good place, please let me
know.

Thanks

JoeSpareBedroom April 29th 08 03:09 PM

Pieces of slate

wrote in message
Hi...I am looking for some info on a slate quarry or other place where
I can get some small pieces of slate. Do not want anything too big
and color is really not of concern. Just looking for cracked ends,
split pieces etc. If anyone can suggest a good place, please let me
know.

Thanks

Something's missing from your message. If you can guess what it is, you can
have a lollipop.

Smitty Two April 29th 08 04:32 PM

Pieces of slate

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

wrote in message
Hi...I am looking for some info on a slate quarry or other place where
I can get some small pieces of slate. Do not want anything too big
and color is really not of concern. Just looking for cracked ends,
split pieces etc. If anyone can suggest a good place, please let me
know.

Thanks

Something's missing from your message. If you can guess what it is, you can
have a lollipop.

Joe, the auditors were here last week, and there's quite a few lollipops
missing, so you've been relieved of command of that department.

To the OP: Frankie's has the stuff you're looking for. He's down on
Seventeenth just past the Baptist church on the right.

charlie April 29th 08 07:01 PM

Pieces of slate

wrote in message
Hi...I am looking for some info on a slate quarry or other place where
I can get some small pieces of slate. Do not want anything too big
and color is really not of concern. Just looking for cracked ends,
split pieces etc. If anyone can suggest a good place, please let me
know.

Thanks

around here, the places that sell flagstone also sell slate.

there's no telling what's around your location.

gpsman April 29th 08 08:46 PM

Pieces of slate

On Apr 29, 11:32 am, Smitty Two wrote:

To the OP: Frankie's has the stuff you're looking for. He's down on
Seventeenth just past the Baptist church on the right.

Turn off about 6 miles before you get to the old Johnson barn that
burned down in '48... or was it '43...?

Anyway, you can't miss it.
-----

- gpsman

Jeff Wisnia April 29th 08 10:10 PM

Pieces of slate

wrote:
Hi...I am looking for some info on a slate quarry or other place where
I can get some small pieces of slate. Do not want anything too big
and color is really not of concern. Just looking for cracked ends,
split pieces etc. If anyone can suggest a good place, please let me
know.

Thanks

Maybe a roofer will have some scrap lying around?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Red Green April 30th 08 03:02 AM

Pieces of slate

gpsman wrote in news:c09d3435-4ce4-477c-b4c8-
:

On Apr 29, 11:32 am, Smitty Two wrote:

To the OP: Frankie's has the stuff you're looking for. He's down on
Seventeenth just past the Baptist church on the right.

Turn off about 6 miles before you get to the old Johnson barn that
burned down in '48... or was it '43...?

Anyway, you can't miss it.
-----

- gpsman

Not with solid info like that!

Red Green April 30th 08 03:09 AM

Pieces of slate

wrote in news:b5cfd4ad-6b93-431d-8d3b-9c2534ab4321@
27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Hi...I am looking for some info on a slate quarry or other place where
I can get some small pieces of slate. Do not want anything too big
and color is really not of concern. Just looking for cracked ends,
split pieces etc. If anyone can suggest a good place, please let me
know.

Thanks

Any local landscape place that sells trees, stone, flagstone, mulch, etc.
They usually have pieces as well as pallets.