Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Embarrassing but true

This absolutely is a true problem that I have and desperately need
help.
I park my car off-street (no garage) as parking is very limited
in our area. SInce spring began, the local birds have been using my
side view mirrors as toilets.
Each day when I go to work, I find that about half of each door
beneath the mirror is absolutely caked in white bird poop (stands out
very much on my navy-blue car).
I mean it's absolutely caked on! As if two dozen birds had
moved their bowels in that same spot! The birds actually sit on the
mirror, and poop onto the cardoor. The rest of the car is untouched.
Today I actually caught one bird sitting on the side-mirror
taking a dump onto the car!
I know this is funny, but going to the car-wash before work
every morning (sometimes twice a day) is becoming expensive not to
mention time-consuming.
I've parked the car here for years and never had this problem
until this year. Any idea what is up and how to keep the birds away???

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 23, 7:16 pm, (Pdk Pdk) wrote:
[...]

Go to a home supply store and buy a few of those plastic things that
people stick on roofs to keep birds from sitting on them. Work up a
quick gizmo to attach them to the mirrors. All done!

Or, put some plastic wrap on the door.
Posted to alt.home.repair

(Pdk Pdk) wrote in
:

[...]

I know this is funny,

Yea, it is kinda :-)

but going to the car-wash before work
every morning (sometimes twice a day) is becoming expensive not to
mention time-consuming.

Considered washing the local spot with a bucket of soap all queued up or
are you in a neighboorhood where that is beneath the residents? "no
garage" doesn't sound like a nose-up-ass neighboorhood.

I've had birds around that would peck at their reflection day after day
after day. Bird brains.

Cover the mirror with a plastic bag or something.. See what happens.

Paste picture of Hilary on mirror. See if that scares them away. But
they might just **** twice as much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pdk Pdk" wrote in message
[...]

I had the exact same situation several years ago. What is happening is that
it's spring and males are fighting other males for the available females.
Sounds silly until I watched this little sparrow looking guy beat the sh!t
out of my side vewe mirrors as he attempted to drive off the bird in the
mirror. I laughed my arse off and then went and got an old pair of socks
and put them on the mirrors. Next day the neighbor had bird do-do all over
his truck!

Just get something to cover the mirrors while your parked in the area the
birds happen to be self-attacking and you'll be fine.

Djay

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pdk Pdk wrote:
[...]

No, but count your blessings. In a town near me a bunch of turkey vultures
have taken to roosting in trees over the street. They not only poop all
over the cars below but they have taken to eating rubber gaskets (around the
windows) and the like on the cars which makes them ill and they then barf
all over the cars too.

Buzzard poop and barf...a double edged sword

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...