Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vent covers in finished basement

My vent covers keep falling to the ground in my newly finished
basement. I don't want to use screws to hold them up as it will put a
hole in the vent cover and a hold in the gyprock. Any other idea on
how to hold them into place without putting holes in the vents ?
Tks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 29, 7:41*pm, car crash wrote:
My vent covers keep falling to the ground in my newly finished
basement. *I don't want to use screws to hold them up as it will put a
hole in the vent cover and a hold in the gyprock. * Any other idea on
how to hold them into place without putting holes in the vents ?
Tks.

Construction adhesive.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

magnets

Posted to alt.home.repair

car crash wrote:
My vent covers keep falling to the ground in my newly finished
basement. I don't want to use screws to hold them up as it will put a
hole in the vent cover and a hold in the gyprock. Any other idea on
how to hold them into place without putting holes in the vents ?
Tks.

Don't they sell the kind held up with big-ass spring clips that hold
against the back side of the drywall, any more? Or the kind where you
stick a skinny screwdriver through the vent slot, and rotate a clip
sideways? (Haven't bought a ceiling vent in probably 20 years...)

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 11:57*pm, aemeijers wrote:
car crash wrote:
My vent covers keep falling to the ground in my newly finished
basement. *I don't want to use screws to hold them up as it will put a
hole in the vent cover and a hold in the gyprock. * Any other idea on
how to hold them into place without putting holes in the vents ?
Tks.

Don't they sell the kind held up with big-ass spring clips that hold
against the back side of the drywall, any more? Or the kind where you
stick a skinny screwdriver through the vent slot, and rotate a clip
sideways? (Haven't bought a ceiling vent in probably 20 years...)

--
aem sends...

big-ass spring clips

That's a technical term, right? g