Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door opener problem

I have a Sears opener that is approx. 9 yrs old. I have 2 remote
controls, 1 keypad (wireless), and the factory button in my car. All
worked, until about a year ago, when 1 battery went dead(?). Replaced
the battery, remote still didn't work. Tried to reprogram remote
using the instructions in the owners manual, and it worked. Now comes
the fun part, this remote works, all the rest don't!
Finally I got 1 remote, the key-less pad and the car button to work,
but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time. Program one and
the other quits, program the other, and the first one will not work.
Any suggestions/information would be a big help.
Thanks
Don
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 11:07*am, Easy wrote:
I have a Searsopenerthat is approx. 9 yrs old. *I have 2 remote
controls, 1 keypad (wireless), and the factory button in my car. *All
worked, until about a year ago, when 1 battery went dead(?). *Replaced
the battery, remote still didn't work. *Tried to reprogram remote
using the instructions in the owners manual, and it worked. *Now comes
the fun part, this remote works, all the rest don't!
Finally I got 1 remote, the key-less pad and the car button to work,
but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time. *Program one and
the other quits, program the other, and the first one will not work.
Any suggestions/information would be a big help.
Thanks
Don

The one that quit originally lost its "rolling code" capability
forever (non-repairable per factory) & needs to be replaced. It will
never work again at the same time as the others. The board can
"accept" either type but not both at the same time and when you try to
program different types they will always keep disableing all the ones
programmed before it.

DoorDoc
www.ActionDoor.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:27:37 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 29, 11:07*am, Easy wrote:
[...]

Thank you, makes sense, kind of what I had in the back of my mind.
Now if only I can remember which one was the bad one............LOL,
and come up with the $50 Sears wants for a new one.
Thanks again
Fred