Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Average Cost of Sending Big Crates to a Foreign Country?

Do you know approximately how much it would cost to have a crate about
the size of a bed that weighs a couple hundred pounds sent to the
Philipines?

Or to send a crate like this halfway around the world, do you know
what the cost would come to?

If you don't know and had to guess, would it cost over two thousand
dollars?

Thank you in advance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris Tsao" wrote in message
Do you know approximately how much it would cost to have a crate about
the size of a bed that weighs a couple hundred pounds sent to the
Philipines?

Or to send a crate like this halfway around the world, do you know
what the cost would come to?

If you don't know and had to guess, would it cost over two thousand
dollars?

Thank you in advance.

try asking at http://freightquote.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:23:36 -0700 (PDT), Chris Tsao
wrote:

Do you know approximately how much it would cost to have a crate about
the size of a bed that weighs a couple hundred pounds sent to the
Philipines?

Or to send a crate like this halfway around the world, do you know
what the cost would come to?

If you don't know and had to guess, would it cost over two thousand
dollars?

Thank you in advance.

Contact your local Crate n Freight. It won't cost much if you ship to
the Philippines; from the Philippines.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris Tsao" wrote in message
Do you know approximately how much it would cost to have a crate about
the size of a bed that weighs a couple hundred pounds sent to the
Philipines?

Or to send a crate like this halfway around the world, do you know
what the cost would come to?

If you don't know and had to guess, would it cost over two thousand
dollars?

Thank you in advance.

Twin bed or king sized? Could easily cost that much. Are you sending it
air freight or by ship in a container? What about duty and customs? Once
at the dock or airport, there are other costs in having it delivered so
money can be saved if the recipient can pick up something that large. Are
there restrictions on the wood used in the crate? Some countries require
fumigation and certification of the wood to avoid parasites.

You'd be far better off contacting a freight forwarder for information.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Do you know approximately how much it would cost to have a crate about
the size of a bed that weighs a couple hundred pounds sent to the
Philipines?

Or to send a crate like this halfway around the world, do you know
what the cost would come to?

If you don't know and had to guess, would it cost over two thousand
dollars?

Surface shipping? I think it will be much less than that. 500 or 300
or less? Let us know when you find out for sure.

Mew stuff or used inside?

Thank you in advance.

Don't get excited until you finish reading, and maybe not even then.

About 15 years ago, I sent about 30 cartons of books and household
goods to Switzerland. It was packed by my friend in cardboard boxes.
It covered a whole pallet and was abou 40 inches high. They
shrinkwrapped it. I think it was about 200 pounds and cost about 200
dollars, AIR freight and then all the way to her door, far less than
the price I got when I started looking around. I took everything down
to the freight section of the airport, and I realized I could have
just started by going there and going door to door for a company that
shipped things to Switzerland. (They told me they would have picked
it up at my house for 10 dollars!!!!)

Last year I wanted to ship something and I went down to the airport to
find a company that went where I wanted. The company I had used
before was gone altogether, but it turns out since 9/11, you need to
have an account with a company now. You need to be a regular shipper,
one whom they checked out I guess when you first signed up, to ship
with these companies.

They said all I would be able to use from the US was UPS, FEDEX, and
the US Postal Service.

It looks from the prior posts that they exaggerated, but maybe not.

Here's what I found in google for Freight n Crate:
http://www.freightncrate.net/profile.html
"Our clients range in size from small, to national and high profession
multinational companies" I wonder if "small" is still bigger than
you, Chris. Oren, they will still take individual shippers that
they've never met before?

The website mentions offices in the US, but doesn't give any
addresses, only an address and phone and fax and email in Bangladesh.
http://www.freightncrate.net/contact.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 02:34:43 -0400, mm
wrote:

Oren, they will still take individual shippers that
they've never met before?

The website mentions offices in the US, but doesn't give any
addresses, only an address and phone and fax and email in Bangladesh.

mm,

I thought I was being generic, using crate n freight - not company
specific and you find a freight n crate company.

I used a local company, about 5 years ago. We shipped a master bedroom
set (family heirloom) from NV to NJ. I had the pieces outside, cleaned
and ready for the company. They did not crate on premises but wrapped
the furniture in plastic. The company crated the furniture, shipped to
NJ and delivered to the house. I would have to ask the bride for the
company name or cost. It is not the company in the link.

I was introduced to a man that is building a house (owner build). He
owns a crating and freighting business franchise.

I made a call and the company is called - Craters & Freighters .

http://www.cratersandfreighters.com/cf/services.do

By Zip Code.

http://www.cratersandfreighters.com/cf/locations.do

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Oren, they will still take individual shippers that
they've never met before?

The website mentions offices in the US, but doesn't give any
addresses, only an address and phone and fax and email in Bangladesh.

mm,

I thought I was being generic, using crate n freight - not company
specific and you find a freight n crate company.

That's pretty funny.

And I didn't even notice that the two verbs were reversed.
freightncrate

I used a local company, about 5 years ago. We shipped a master bedroom
set (family heirloom) from NV to NJ. I had the pieces outside, cleaned
and ready for the company. They did not crate on premises but wrapped
the furniture in plastic. The company crated the furniture, shipped to
NJ and delivered to the house. I would have to ask the bride for the
company name or cost. It is not the company in the link.

I was introduced to a man that is building a house (owner build). He
owns a crating and freighting business franchise.

I made a call and the company is called - Craters & Freighters .

http://www.cratersandfreighters.com/cf/services.do

By Zip Code.

http://www.cratersandfreighters.com/cf/locations.do

That should benefit the OP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That should benefit the OP.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you to all. I will get a quote from one of the above links. I
won't need to ship anything for about seventeen years, but I'm going
to need to ship a whole bunch of huge crates to either the Philippines
or French Guyana and the stress of wondering whether it's going to
cost an arm and a leg has been on my mind a few days out of every week
for about a year and a half.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 20, 10:25*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Twin bed or king sized?

I will have a whole apartment worth of stuff to ship (everything
except my furniture) that I will have collected for about sixty years,
so I could use both. If I ship anything, I won't need to do it for
about seventeen years (give or take), but I am planning ahead in order
to ease my mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

This is bad news. But maybe it's cheaper to send things in a bunch of
small boxes than in giagantic ones, so it won't matter all that much?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:46:38 -0700 (PDT), Chris Tsao
wrote:

Thank you to all. I will get a quote from one of the above links. I
won't need to ship anything for about seventeen years, but I'm going

You certainly plan ahead.

If you have this much time, you could cut everything into small pieces
and mail them in envelopes, maybe one a day.

Re-assembling them would give you a way to spend your time when you
got there.

to need to ship a whole bunch of huge crates to either the Philippines
or French Guyana and the stress of wondering whether it's going to
cost an arm and a leg has been on my mind a few days out of every week
for about a year and a half.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Chris Tsao wrote:
won't need to ship anything for about seventeen years, ...

Well, what somebody tells you now won't be of much use by then, ...
... the stress of wondering whether ... has been on my mind ...

I've heard of going out of one's way to find things to worry over, but
that definitely takes the prize.

Chill, dood; you may not even be around in 17 years to have to deal w/
it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message
I've heard of going out of one's way to find things to worry over, but
that definitely takes the prize.

Chill, dood; you may not even be around in 17 years to have to deal w/ it.

Planning ahead is important. Right now, it is only 4:10 PM, yet I've taken
some meat out of the freezer for dinner. Based on the logic of the OP, I'm
going to do a meal planner and shopping lists for the next 17 years. I'm
not taking any chances to be out of an ingredient come September 16, 2015.
No, wait, the world is coming to an end in 2012. Never mind.

Average cost of new roof for 2000 sq ft house? (composite) [email protected] Home Repair 15 December 10th 06 04:31 PM
INSPIRATION - Crates J T Woodworking 0 August 19th 06 08:45 AM
Sending stereo signals [email protected] Electronics 1 November 26th 05 12:10 PM
Sending 32KG underlay fred UK diy 0 March 8th 05 03:07 PM