Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE french door Fridge, freezer has light frost

I have a 2 month old GE Profile french door bottom fridge that
recently I noticed light frost on the ceiling of the freezer. It's not
a lot, but enough that some got on the drawer tracks of the pull out
tray, making it a little harder to pull out. I also noticed some on
the clear lens cover of the light bulb. Could this be the result of
me raising the temp of the freezer slightly ?. They recommend 0 deg
for the freezer, and I bumped it up to like 3 deg because I thought
the ice cream was kind of hard.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 26, 6:37*am, Mikepier wrote:
I have a 2 month old GE Profile french door bottom fridge that
recently I noticed light frost on the ceiling of the freezer. It's not
a lot, but enough that some got on the drawer tracks of the pull out
tray, making it a little harder to pull out. I also noticed some on
the clear lens cover of the light bulb. *Could this be the result of
me raising the temp of the freezer slightly ?. They recommend 0 deg
for the freezer, and I bumped it up to like 3 deg because I thought
the ice cream was kind of hard.

Three words...WARRANTY...WARRANTY...WARRANTY! IIRC that is one of
their better appliances and something isn't right. This isn't anything
you should have to struggle with. Odds are their customer service will
come to the rescue (we can hope). Give them a call.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 2:59*pm, Joe wrote:
On Feb 26, 6:37*am, Mikepier wrote:

I have a 2 month old GE Profile french door bottom fridge that
recently I noticed light frost on the ceiling of the freezer. It's not
a lot, but enough that some got on the drawer tracks of the pull out
tray, making it a little harder to pull out. I also noticed some on
the clear lens cover of the light bulb. *Could this be the result of
me raising the temp of the freezer slightly ?. They recommend 0 deg
for the freezer, and I bumped it up to like 3 deg because I thought
the ice cream was kind of hard.

Three words...WARRANTY...WARRANTY...WARRANTY! IIRC that is one of
their better appliances and something isn't right. This isn't anything
you should have to struggle with. Odds are their customer service will
come to the rescue (we can hope). Give them a call.

Joe

I understand there is a warranty, but I just thought I ask in case
it's something simple. The frost is very light, not thick, and it's
been consistent for the past 2 weeks. I'll keep an eye on it.
I recently fixed my GE washer myself recently, even though it was
under warranty. Turned out the water pump was clogged with foam from a
broken stuffed animal. The GE tech was not coming for a few days. With
a family of 5, laundry starts to pile up quick.
Believe me, sometimes these repairmen make things worse when they
leave.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 7:37*am, Mikepier wrote:
I have a 2 month old GE Profile french door bottom fridge that
recently I noticed light frost on the ceiling of the freezer. It's not
a lot, but enough that some got on the drawer tracks of the pull out
tray, making it a little harder to pull out. I also noticed some on
the clear lens cover of the light bulb. *Could this be the result of
me raising the temp of the freezer slightly ?. They recommend 0 deg
for the freezer, and I bumped it up to like 3 deg because I thought
the ice cream was kind of hard.

Hey Mike! Uh oh!....I have the exact same unit (altho ours is a
narrow model to fit in our new frig space). I plugged ours in about a
week ago. Pls let me know what you find out!!

--Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 12:18*pm, Jeff B wrote:
On Feb 26, wrote:

I have a 2 month old GE Profile french door bottom fridge that
recently I noticed lightfroston the ceiling of the freezer. It's not
a lot, but enough that some got on the drawer tracks of the pull out
tray, making it a little harder to pull out. I also noticed some on
the clear lens cover of the light bulb. *Could this be the result of
me raising the temp of the freezer slightly ?. They recommend 0 deg
for the freezer, and I bumped it up to like 3 deg because I thought
the ice cream was kind of hard.

Hey Mike! * Uh oh!....I have the exact same unit (altho ours is a
narrow model to fit in our new frig space). *I plugged ours in about a
week ago. *Pls let me know what you find out!!

--Jeff

I noticed something interesting last night. The freezer door was
slightly open, but not enough to the point the alarm would sound. When
I looked inside, the frost that was there had melted to droplets,
probably from the warm air that had entered the freezer. So I wiped
down whatever I could, and closed the door. Now I'll see when I get
home what it looks like. It could have been the door was left open at
one time for the frost to form.
Another thing I noticed, the frost seemed to be forming around the
area of the icemaker, which could suggest that while the icemaker
fills with water, the fan blows the water droplets out the vent, and
then the frost forms.
We'll see.