Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with installing shower base

I have a 5 year old house that has an unfinished bathroom. It has a drain
for the toilet and a drain for what looks like a bathtub. The shower drain
is very close to the wall and the shower base that I purchased does not fit.
What are my options? It is a plastic base with a pre-drilled hole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

BadBeagle wrote:
I have a 5 year old house that has an unfinished bathroom. It has a
drain for the toilet and a drain for what looks like a bathtub. The
shower drain is very close to the wall and the shower base that I
purchased does not fit. What are my options? It is a plastic base with
a pre-drilled hole.

You're saying the existing drain is in the wrong place?

What is the house construction? Slab? Meaning you
can't move the drain? Or......

You could return the base you bought and tile the floor.
Or have a custom fiberglass base made.

Post more info.

Jim

Installing a vanity sink and base BETA-32[_2_] Home Repair 2 November 29th 07 01:19 PM
Help with installing paver base jeffc Home Repair 10 August 26th 06 01:21 AM
Installing parquet floor with a paper base viktor Woodworking 0 September 14th 05 08:32 PM
Shower base issue PhilÅ UK diy 2 December 24th 04 11:55 AM
Novice seeks any tips for installing rubber wall base Dolchas Home Repair 2 July 4th 04 03:22 PM