Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about replacing thermostat..

I have a gave furnace about 20 years old. I replaced a old thermostat
with a digital Honeywell. The old therm had two wires, red and white.
I connected the red to the RH terminal and the white to the W. My
question is do i need to leave the pre-installed jumper from RH to RC
in place? I have no a/c unit, just the furnace. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 23, 12:00 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Makes absoloutely no difference. Leave it in, take it out, whatever. No
difference at all.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

I have a gave furnace about 20 years old. I replaced a old thermostat
with a digital Honeywell. The old therm had two wires, red and white.
I connected the red to the RH terminal and the white to the W. My
question is do i need to leave the pre-installed jumper from RH to RC
in place? I have no a/c unit, just the furnace. Thanks.

Thanks!