Posted to alt.home.repair

Default light bulb tripler

My mother has a light bulb socket tripler in her house. I have tried
to find another one, but all i can find is a twin. Are triplers no
longer made?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Are triplers no longer made?

They're disguised as pairs of the twin ones you say you found.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 20, 9:39*pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Are triplers no longer made?

They're disguised as pairs of the twin ones you say you found.

Go ask for gay bulbs or tri sexuals
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 20, 9:46�pm, wrote:
My mother has a light bulb socket tripler in her house. �I have tried
to find another one, but all i can find is a twin. �Are triplers no
longer made?

i found a receptable tripler, and adapted each receptable to a screw
in light bulb socket.

what are you trying to do? with CF coming in much higher wattages
normally you dont need 3 bulbs

try a real electrical lighting supply house, the home depots have poor
selections
Posted to alt.home.repair

Right now there is one socket holding a 75 watt flood light pointing
straight ahead. I need to keep that direction of light, but would
like to add some light above and below the currently lit area. Using
a twin in another twin doesn't allow me to get the right angles. I
have to climb up on a ladder in a difficult position to reach this
light, so I don't feel like trying to rewire in a different light
holder up there.

My mother doesn't live near me, so I can't take a picture to
illustrate the tripler for now, but it looks just like a twin adapter,
except one bulb is in line with the socket and the other two form a
larger angle with the socket than a twin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun 27 Jan 2008 12:48:53a, told us...

Right now there is one socket holding a 75 watt flood light pointing
straight ahead. I need to keep that direction of light, but would
like to add some light above and below the currently lit area. Using
a twin in another twin doesn't allow me to get the right angles. I
have to climb up on a ladder in a difficult position to reach this
light, so I don't feel like trying to rewire in a different light
holder up there.

My mother doesn't live near me, so I can't take a picture to
illustrate the tripler for now, but it looks just like a twin adapter,
except one bulb is in line with the socket and the other two form a
larger angle with the socket than a twin.

I have seen the triple adapter from years ago, but doubt they are still
made.

There is a type of socket adapter that screws into a light socket and
allows angular adjustment of an individual bulb. Using two double
adapters, then using the adapter where you an adjust the angle might give
you what you want. It's a pretty much jerryrigged arrangement, though.

Is this an indoor or outdoor application? In either case, it might just be
better to bite the bullet and rewire the outlet correctly. You've got to
climb that ladder no matter what option you use.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/27(XXVII)/08(MMVIII)
Oxymoron: Vacant Dwelling.

Pool light bulb any different than regular light bulb? Pond Scum Home Repair 2 September 3rd 07 03:33 AM
OT - light bulb JohnM Metalworking 0 August 24th 05 07:33 PM
Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Bug Light Bulb---any bulb for outside use that are not yellow? Patty Amas Home Ownership 5 November 3rd 04 09:23 PM
Light Bulb Stormin Mormonn Home Repair 19 December 10th 03 03:28 AM