Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat Pump Not Reaching Heat Setting

There are also limit/overload switches in the electric heat circuit...if one
fails, it will kill any output from the coils.

wrote in message
I have a fairly new (less than 6 mos.) Lennox CBX32MV Signatue Elite 4-
ton heat pump. For the last 2 days, the temp around DC has dropped
below 30 degrees F. My heat setting is at 70 degrees but the
thermostat never shows the actual room temp go higher than 65.5
degrees. The thermostat says "auxiliary heat on" but I don't feel any
toasty warm electric heat air coming out of the registers - just the
usual heat pump ambient air. Is there something wrong with my heat
pump, or is 70 degrees just impossible to attain if the outside air is
below 30 degrees? Anything I can tweak without calling for repairs or
voiding the warranty? Thanks for any insight.