Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Masonite panel construction

There's a Masonite wall in the Workshop that separates it from the storage
space next door. I'd like to put the dust collection for the shop in the
storage space, which means putting the venting through the wall. I will
eventually want to replace the panel if/when I sell. But I don't know how
the panels are attached to the metal studs, as there are no visible fastners
on the panels, just some brushed aluminum strips between panels. I don't
know if the metal strips are glued, screwed or snapped to the panels or what
holds the panels to the steel studs?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill Stock wrote:
There's a Masonite wall in the Workshop that separates it from the storage
space next door. I'd like to put the dust collection for the shop in the
storage space, which means putting the venting through the wall. I will
eventually want to replace the panel if/when I sell. But I don't know how
the panels are attached to the metal studs, as there are no visible fastners
on the panels, just some brushed aluminum strips between panels. I don't
know if the metal strips are glued, screwed or snapped to the panels or what
holds the panels to the steel studs?

Any hints would be appreciated.

My guess would be that the aluminum strips are H channel and that the
masonite is glued to the studs. The strips will probably by screwed in
place if they are attached and I will bet that they are.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
Bill Stock wrote:
There's a Masonite wall in the Workshop that separates it from the
storage space next door. I'd like to put the dust collection for the shop
in the storage space, which means putting the venting through the wall. I
will eventually want to replace the panel if/when I sell. But I don't
know how the panels are attached to the metal studs, as there are no
visible fastners on the panels, just some brushed aluminum strips between
panels. I don't know if the metal strips are glued, screwed or snapped to
the panels or what holds the panels to the steel studs?

Any hints would be appreciated.

My guess would be that the aluminum strips are H channel and that the
masonite is glued to the studs. The strips will probably by screwed in
place if they are attached and I will bet that they are.

Thanks,

I suspect the metal strips are decorative not functional as I originally
thought. I think they're glued on the Masonite with the last strip hiding
the gap between the sheets.

Tempered Masonite trvlnmny Woodworking 9 September 30th 07 05:21 PM
Masonite yupyupxav Woodworking Plans and Photos 11 September 29th 07 04:45 AM
Masonite and hinges Charles Bishop Home Repair 1 November 18th 05 01:20 AM
Painting exterior masonite aoeu Home Repair 1 July 30th 05 05:26 AM
masonite door question Me Home Repair 5 October 16th 04 04:35 PM