DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replace a bathroom exhaust motor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/229413-replace-bathroom-exhaust-motor.html)

dar January 10th 08 10:08 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

i need to replace the motor on my bathroom fan. the brand name of the
fan is Aira which search of the internet reveals nothing.

in seeking a replacment motor can i just look for a similar motor with
shaft lenght and diameter (so the blade fits correctly)?? or is it
critical to also look at the RPM and current ratings?

unfortunately taking out the fan assembly to put in a new fan is not
an option i can undertake

my fan motor ratings are (and if anyone knows of a suitable
replacement i appreciate your providing that as well)

Model VSB-P90A
CCW
Stack = 0.85in
Shaft = 0.25in diameter
Shaft = 1.75in lenth

Twayne January 10th 08 10:57 PM

dar wrote:
On Jan 10, 5:08 pm, dar wrote:
i need to replace the motor on my bathroom fan. the brand name of the
fan is Aira which search of the internet reveals nothing.

in seeking a replacment motor can i just look for a similar motor
with shaft lenght and diameter (so the blade fits correctly)?? or is
it critical to also look at the RPM and current ratings?

unfortunately taking out the fan assembly to put in a new fan is not
an option i can undertake

my fan motor ratings are (and if anyone knows of a suitable
replacement i appreciate your providing that as well)

Model VSB-P90A
CCW
Stack = 0.85in
Shaft = 0.25in diameter
Shaft = 1.75in lenth

RPM = 2000
1.27Amps

Yes, you could; you have ample information to compare electrically to a
replacement motor too. The rpm is probably a no-load rpm, so make sure
you compare apples and oranges, but the current can be higher within
reason.
If you get a choice between continuous duty and short cycle duty go
for the continuous; it'll last longer. Make sure rotation is the same
direction since you already have the fan blade.
Go for the no-oil/maintenance type, "Class 2" or "Class II" if
possible (same thing, they just label it differently). It means it
doesn't rely on an earth ground for safety even though you still want to
use an earth ground if any metal parts are exposed in any way
whatsoever.

Depending on where you live you could probably call a few fix-it shops
and luck out rather easily finding a motor that'd work. I've got a
garage half full of probably suitable motors, but I can tell from your
posting you're nowhere near me.

I have to wonder though; it's probably *much* easier to just pull out
the old and slip in a brand new one than to frog around replacing the
motor and any jury rigs it might require. Why can't you just replace
it? It'd be a lot less work in the end. And faster to get done.
Nutone makes some handy ones for easy installs; can't think of the
others right now.

Whatever you do, be certain the Earth Gnd connections are tight and
proper when you're done.

Dr. Hardcrab January 10th 08 11:48 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

Your main problem will be:

A replacement motor will cost you about as much as an entire new unit.

DA January 11th 08 12:10 AM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-280697-.htm
:

dar wrote:

i need to replace the motor on my bathroom fan. the brand name of the
fan is Aira which search of the internet reveals nothing.

in seeking a replacment motor can i just look for a similar motor with
shaft lenght and diameter (so the blade fits correctly)?? or is it
critical to also look at the RPM and current ratings?

unfortunately taking out the fan assembly to put in a new fan is not
an option i can undertake

my fan motor ratings are (and if anyone knows of a suitable
replacement i appreciate your providing that as well)

Model VSB-P90A
CCW
Stack = 0.85in
Shaft = 0.25in diameter
Shaft = 1.75in lenth

I would replace the entire fan assembly. A simpler one can be picked up
for $20 or $40 if you want it quieter. If you measure it carefully and get
lucky, you might find one that fits the existing frame. Otherwise install
the one that comes in the package.

Attaching the fan to the motor's shaft without disturbing the fan's
balance sounds like an impossible task and an off-balance fan's noise can
make you miserable real fast.

End of my 2c.
\//.
-------------------------------------

imhk November 9th 14 03:44 AM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

replying to DA, imhk wrote:
This is an old thread and the answer may not be of much help to the
original poster. Nevertheless, it may be of interest to others at time of
need.

I live in Toronto, Canada. I ran into similar trouble when the fan in one
of my washroom died. It was an AIRA VSB-X50. There was no replacement
available in HOME DEPOT, LOWES or RONA to fit the original size. I got a
suppossedly compatibale NUTONE unit at HOME HARDWARE but eventually found
out that it did not fit. In the mean time, I was able to remove the
original fan-motor assembly. When I went to return the NUTONE unit at the
local outlet of HOME HARDWARE, I had the original dead item with me. The
salesman took notice of that and suggested that he can give me exactly
that. Some of the stuff they carry are not always listed online. The
item he gave me is a nameless generic stuff but identical to the original
thing. Eventually I found out another location where replacement
fan-motor assemblies of AIRA VSB models are available. Depending on where
you live, there might be some home improvement or hardware store which
will carry the replacement. You probably need to keep looking for it.

nestork November 9th 14 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imhk (Post 3306027)
The salesman took notice of that and suggested that he can give me exactly
that. Some of the stuff they carry are not always listed online. The
item he gave me is a nameless generic stuff but identical to the original
thing. Eventually I found out another location where replacement
fan-motor assemblies of AIRA VSB models are available. Depending on where
you live, there might be some home improvement or hardware store which
will carry the replacement. You probably need to keep looking for it.

I agree 100% with Imhk. I own a small apartment block, and I have many bathroom and kitchen ceiling fans made by a company called "Mercury" which is no longer in business. I just took the old fan motor down to any of the places here in Winnipeg that carried generic motors for all kinds of purposes and found several that fit. The reason why, of course, is that Mercury never made their own fan motors... they simply bought generic motors that were made by companies like Rotom or Baldor or Emerson Electric to be used for all kinds of purposes, including ceiling fans, and those generic motors are still available.

If you pop down to the places listed under Electric Motors in your Yellow Pages and show them what you need, you're likely to be able to find several generic motors that will work. You may have to cut the motor shaft shorter, or cut the electric cord shorter or file a flat in the end of the shaft flat so that the impeller blade fits, but you will get something that will work for you so that you don't have to replace the fan housing.

The "stack" length of your motor is simply the length of the rotor as shown in this diagram:
http://eurtonelectric.com/images/motordiagram.jpg

All you need is to make sure the motor mounts into your existing housing, and that it turns in the correct direction at approximately the same speed. Everything else you can modify so that it will work.

John G[_7_] November 9th 14 02:17 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

i need to replace the motor on my bathroom fan. the brand name of the
fan is Aira which search of the internet reveals nothing.

in seeking a replacment motor can i just look for a similar motor with
shaft lenght and diameter (so the blade fits correctly)?? or is it
critical to also look at the RPM and current ratings?

unfortunately taking out the fan assembly to put in a new fan is not
an option i can undertake

my fan motor ratings are (and if anyone knows of a suitable
replacement i appreciate your providing that as well)

Model VSB-P90A
CCW
Stack = 0.85in
Shaft = 0.25in diameter
Shaft = 1.75in lenth

*Try giving Broan-Nutone a call (Broan.com, on the Parts page is a toll free number). I can't remember the brand, but a few years ago I needed a replacement motor for an odd brand and they had it, but it wasn't listed on their web site. The fan had a plastic housing instead of the usual metal can.

Another possibility is Grainger. They sell generic replacement motors.

As others have mentioned, you could remove the motor and take it somewhere that stock replacements and try and match it up.

I always get a new fan impeller blade as the old ones can be a PITA to remove and sometimes break in the process.

If it comes down to replacing the entire unit, go with Panasonic. Their fans are the only ones that are made for retrofitting though it is still a bit of a challenge.

John Grabowski
http://www.MrElectrician.TV

Mayayana November 9th 14 02:32 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

| I live in Toronto, Canada. I ran into similar trouble when the fan in one
| of my washroom died. It was an AIRA VSB-X50. There was no replacement
| available in HOME DEPOT, LOWES or RONA to fit the original size.

I've ordered an exact replacement motor online for
a Nutone. Unfortunately, it was as expensive as a new
fan and took some time to get. So it's a tradeoff: The
hassle and expense of a replacement fan or the ceiling
repair required to just repace the whole thing. The
former is usually less expensive overall, but with the
latter you also get a nice, new cover and lens.
In any case, I think just about any part can be found
online these days. It just may not be easy to find the
part you need for cheap.

micky November 9th 14 04:53 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 06:17:14 -0800 (PST), John G
wrote:

i need to replace the motor on my bathroom fan. the brand name of the
fan is Aira which search of the internet reveals nothing.

in seeking a replacment motor can i just look for a similar motor with
shaft lenght and diameter (so the blade fits correctly)?? or is it
critical to also look at the RPM and current ratings?

unfortunately taking out the fan assembly to put in a new fan is not
an option i can undertake

my fan motor ratings are (and if anyone knows of a suitable
replacement i appreciate your providing that as well)

Model VSB-P90A
CCW
Stack = 0.85in
Shaft = 0.25in diameter
Shaft = 1.75in lenth

I seem to have missed this post, so i have to reply here. I used to
miss quite a few, but with Eternal September, I've missed only one other
afaik, just a few weeks ago.

Anyhow, I think a good source for a matching motor is to buy another fan
and take its motor out. The guy who sold me the house, built in 1979,
saved all the paperwork, including the "instructions" for the bathroom
fan, but it's in a file cabinet and I don't remember what brand it is.
But the motor unplugs electrically, just like a lamp and uses two screws
to be mounted, and they are shaded pole motors available in lots of
places, (just one size bigger than what I needed for the antique fan we
discussed here a couple years ago, but no one sells the smaller size.)

I'm not saying that's the kind of motor you have but I am saying there
might be one just like it in another bathroom fan, and for about the
same money The motor will probably spin the same direction, but if it
doesn't you can use the blade that came with it, same with the shaft
diameter and its blade.

mike[_22_] November 9th 14 05:14 PM

wrote:

[...]

mine had a bladed fan.
Replaced it with the fan/blade assembly from a centrifugal fan unit.
Had to drill a new mounting hole to get it to fit the bracket in
the existing housing.

Take the fan assembly to home depot and ask them to find you a unit with
a similar one.
Pay close attention to the thickness. Newer quieter fans may be too thick
to fit the existing box...or offset so the blade hits the box when mounted.

micky November 9th 14 05:52 PM

wrote:

[...]

A squirrel cage? They are quieter. I like quiet.

I just unplugged two of my fans and put a switch in the 3rd one. I
never take steamy showers, unless I'm trying to humidify the house.
Maybe the OP doesn't really need his fan. ;-)

[email protected] November 12th 14 05:21 AM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

Yes, Grainger has a huge selection of motors. Match up the specs and determine whether you need clockwise or counterclockwise rotation.

Tekkie® November 24th 14 09:41 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

Mayayana posted for all of us...

| I live in Toronto, Canada. I ran into similar trouble when the fan in one
| of my washroom died. It was an AIRA VSB-X50. There was no replacement
| available in HOME DEPOT, LOWES or RONA to fit the original size.

I've ordered an exact replacement motor online for
a Nutone. Unfortunately, it was as expensive as a new
fan and took some time to get. So it's a tradeoff: The
hassle and expense of a replacement fan or the ceiling
repair required to just repace the whole thing. The
former is usually less expensive overall, but with the
latter you also get a nice, new cover and lens.
In any case, I think just about any part can be found
online these days. It just may not be easy to find the
part you need for cheap.

I thought that Nutone/Broan has a lifetime warranty on their stuff.
Is this correct?

--
Tekkie

Ed Pawlowski November 24th 14 11:49 PM

On 11/24/2014 4:41 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I thought that Nutone/Broan has a lifetime warranty on their stuff.
Is this correct?

Nope.Varies by model, none lifetime.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...49e0f41e80.pdf

[email protected] December 13th 15 02:24 AM

On Sunday, November 9, 2014 at 9:32:09 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

| I live in Toronto, Canada. I ran into similar trouble when the fan in one
| of my washroom died. It was an AIRA VSB-X50. There was no replacement
| available in HOME DEPOT, LOWES or RONA to fit the original size.

I've ordered an exact replacement motor online for
a Nutone. Unfortunately, it was as expensive as a new
fan and took some time to get. So it's a tradeoff: The
hassle and expense of a replacement fan or the ceiling
repair required to just repace the whole thing. The
former is usually less expensive overall, but with the
latter you also get a nice, new cover and lens.
In any case, I think just about any part can be found
online these days. It just may not be easy to find the
part you need for cheap.

next time go to 181-b rexdale is call inventex kipling&rexdade yo enter by rexdale they have everything and also retrofit anything

Tony Hwang December 13th 15 02:33 AM

wrote:
On Sunday, November 9, 2014 at 9:32:09 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

| I live in Toronto, Canada. I ran into similar trouble when the fan in one
| of my washroom died. It was an AIRA VSB-X50. There was no replacement
| available in HOME DEPOT, LOWES or RONA to fit the original size.

Tried Amre supply house? They have on-line catalog.

bob haller December 13th 15 04:19 AM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

grainger USED sell only to businesses, but recently i was in a different grainger and they asked if I was a business account. mine is

they closed my local branch,

I was busy or would of asked them if they no longer required being a business to buy there.

a word to the wise about grainger.

they own a onlline company called zoro. the packaging part numbers and merchandise are identical. but the pices are dramatically better

micky December 13th 15 06:00 AM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 20:19:17 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

grainger USED sell only to businesses, but recently i was in a different grainger and they asked if I was a business account. mine is

they closed my local branch,

I was busy or would of asked them if they no longer required being a business to buy there.

I have the impression they don't.

One of the things wholesale places hate most is having to answer
questions, and take returns that pros wouldn't return. If you can
somehow give a wholesale place the impression you won't do either of
these things, they might sell to you.

So people should look online, figure out what they want, order it, and
if they go pick it up, don't ask a whole bunch of stupid questions, or
even non-stupid ones.

With grainger, I had a friend with a business who let me use the
business account to order. Then I paid cash when I picked it up, or I
charged it on my own card. She left and someone in the family
started running it. I tried to do the same thing, but before I knew
it, it seemed like it was being billed to the business. I was able to
pay after all, but I didnt' even want the business to know what I'd
done, for fear of making hard feelings between my friend and the new
person.

It seems I have logins for both her business account and my own
account, though I don't remember creating the second one.

a word to the wise about grainger.

they own a onlline company called zoro. the packaging part numbers and merchandise are identical. but the pices are dramatically better

Thanks a lot.

Sounds like Warshawsky and JCWhitney. I think you had to go to the
store to get Warshawsky prices.

Robert Green December 13th 15 01:20 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

"Micky" wrote in message

stuff snipped

they own a onlline company called zoro. the packaging part numbers and

merchandise are identical. but the pices are dramatically better

Yes, when I went looking for UV replacement bulbs for my Flowtron bug zapper
Zoro had the lowest prices by far (had to order six, though) and I never was
able to complete the transactions because there was something hinky about
their website. I ended up paying a lot more for the damn things through
Amazon. They send me a catalog from Zoro every now and then. I think their
mascot is either a squirrel or a fox.

Sounds like Warshawsky and JCWhitney. I think you had to go to the
store to get Warshawsky prices.

JC Whitney made their name selling cheap Chinese junk long before Harbor
Freight cornered the market. I bought two jackstands from JC and the
(poorly done) weld on one of them failed with the car up on them. From that
day after I wouldn't slide under a car without it being up on sections of
railroad ties. The failed weld made the most awful noise before it let go,
giving me some warning. When my friend's truck actually caused one of the
ties to start to split while we were changing the oil we then began
reinforcing them with long carriage bolts with huge washers.

JC was the only place I could find at the time (way before the internet)
that sold tires with the huge whitewalls that were popular for "touring
saloons" like the Jag Mark X. It was a hard lesson in learning how much
scuffing tires take in everyday life and how bad huge whitewalls look after
a few months of real driving in the city.

--
Bobby G.

DerbyDad03 December 13th 15 02:27 PM

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 11:19:46 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
grainger USED sell only to businesses, but recently i was in a different grainger and they asked if I was a business account. mine is

they closed my local branch,

I was busy or would of asked them if they no longer required being a business to buy there.

a word to the wise about grainger.

they own a onlline company called zoro. the packaging part numbers and merchandise are identical. but the pices are dramatically better

I don't know how long it's been, but I've shopped at our local Grainger for years (10,
maybe longer?)

I've never had a business account with them.

I also shop at the parts counters in the back of lighting stores and kitchen/bath design
centers, amongst all the contractors. No business account but much cheaper and better
selection than any home center. Also better help...much, much better, whether it comes
from the guys behind the counter or one of the friendly contractors on my side.

Oren[_2_] December 13th 15 06:27 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 06:27:00 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I don't know how long it's been, but I've shopped at our local Grainger for years (10,
maybe longer?)

I've never had a business account with them.

The electrician at work needed a part that was (trade) restricted. We
found it at Grainger so I went to get it with petty cash from the
business office. They asked for the account, checked but my agency did
not have one. Mentioned it was for the "government". The nice guy put
it under the Forestry Service account. Paid cash and walked out.

[email protected] December 13th 15 09:57 PM

wrote:

I don't know how long it's been, but I've shopped at our local
Grainger for years (10, maybe longer?)

I've never had a business account with them.

When I worked for an electrician (many years ago), I would have to go to
Grainger to get stuff and would charge it to the business account.

Eventually I left that company and began working on my own, doing all
types of home repair, and construction, I did not open an account with
them, since most of my work was carpentry. But I did some electrical and
plumbing, as well as other stuff like painting, floor tile, and some
appliance and furnace repairs as well. Every so often I would need
something from Grainger, (particularly motors for furnace blowers). They
sold stuff to me with no problems. They did put me in their list, but I
paid cash when I went there, so I never bothered with getting an
account.

Companies that demand they will only sell to businesses are losing
money. A sale is a sale.

I still recall when I was still in high school, I played with
electronics all the time, and that was my hobby. I bought all my parts
from a local electronics store. One day I went there and the name on the
building had changed. I went to the counter, and the guy asked me what
company I worked for. I told him I was just a hobbiest. He said he could
not sell to me unless I worked for a company.

Fortunately another guy saw me, who had worked there for years, and knew
I had been a regular customer. He came over by me, said that their
company had been sold and was under a new name, and they only sold to
companies now. He grabbed a sheet of paper, and said "what do you call
your company? *Make something up*". I just gave him my first name with
"radio and tv repair" after it. He wrote down my address and phone# and
said "from now on, when you buy something, just tell them it's for
(business name we made up).

After that I had no problem buying anything there....

There are always ways around these things. The guys at the counter dont
care who shops there, it's just soem guy sitting in an office which has
some important title on his door, which makes up these nonsense rules.

Oren[_2_] December 13th 15 10:17 PM

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:57:08 -0600, wrote:

Companies that demand they will only sell to businesses are losing
money. A sale is a sale.

I guess you miss the notion of liability. Go try to buy dynamite,
certain chemicals or electric parts that can only be sold to a
qualified person with a license. They would be silly to sell to the
average non-qualified, non-licensed person.
--
"Dumb is local...As soon as you go 15 miles away from your dumbness, you see how dumb you are." -- Sherrod Small

DerbyDad03 December 13th 15 11:51 PM

On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 5:17:55 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:57:08 -0600, wrote:

Companies that demand they will only sell to businesses are losing
money. A sale is a sale.

I guess you miss the notion of liability. Go try to buy dynamite,
certain chemicals or electric parts that can only be sold to a
qualified person with a license. They would be silly to sell to the
average non-qualified, non-licensed person.

I think that's a stretch. Besides, in cases like you've mentioned, they aren't necessarily
refusing to sell to a "non-business" as much as they are refusing to sell to a "unlicensed
entity". If you need to be a business to be licensed, then that is an extra layer between the
seller and the buyer. In other words, it still has nothing to do with the buyer being a business
or not, it's all about the license.

In the case of a company like Grainger, there is not a lot of liability associated with selling
an individual a ball bearing or a set of sockets.

Oren[_2_] December 14th 15 12:26 AM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:51:08 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

[...]

No there would not be a liability on the part of Grainger for selling
a ball bearing. If the company policy requires a business account to
transact business, is it a "demand" or "losing money"?

Sorry I'm not so eloquent. Grainger does require some products to be
sold to "qualified" people that will install the part. It can be as
simple as certain electrical part.

DerbyDad03 December 14th 15 01:58 AM

wrote:

[...]

I haven't read all yet, but...

http://www.grainger.com/content/terms-of-sale

I. GRAINGER STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. SALES POLICY FOR PRODUCTS

1. Wholesale Only

W.W. Grainger, Inc. ("Grainger") sells its complete offering wholesale to business customers, while also serving individuals.
2. Prices

Prices listed are wholesale, do not include freight, handling fees, taxes, and/or duties, and are subject to correction or change without notice. Market sensitive commodity products will be priced according to current market conditions. Customer should contact the local Grainger branch or check online at www.grainger.com for current pricing. Export orders may be subject to other special pricing. Grainger reserves the right to accept or reject any order.

bob haller December 14th 15 12:14 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

the management of grainger are absolute total morons.

they turned off all the telephones in the branches, and made everyone call a phone center if you had any questions.

now if the question was do you have part number 4z536 in stock at my local branch, that was maginally ok. assuming the inventory was accurate. if the inventory was wrong you were screwed.....

customers would get really mad if they drove across town and found the inventory was wrong, the item out of stock.

if you happened to be calling them to ask does the 4z536 motor have a mounting stud on its corner.

hopeless with the customer asking the call center rep who had to put the question in a email to the branch, who had to read the email and try to figure out the question, then respond by email to the call center, who had to try to understand the response and call the customer back.

this suit idea never did work like call branch and ask. eventually they restored some phones in the branches, but the damage was done. i heard it cost them 23% of their sales and they never got them back.

then the college suit crowd said we will cut inventory to the bone, all that money tierd up in inventory is a waste

with just one of most items in branches the customer might be able to buy one, but might get zero if someone else had already bought that only one in stock earlier in the day..

I used to buy cases of the 4z536 motors, but then had to order them and wait.

[email protected] December 14th 15 11:40 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

I guess you miss the notion of liability. Go try to buy dynamite,
certain chemicals or electric parts that can only be sold to a
qualified person with a license. They would be silly to sell to the
average non-qualified, non-licensed person.

That's completely different.

No one needs a license to buy stuff from Grainger. You may need a
electricians license to install a blower motor in some locations, but
buying that motor is not going to cause an explosion like dynamite or do
other harmful stuff like the chemicals. Grainger also sells a lot of
tools and other stuff anyon can use.

Oren[_2_] December 15th 15 12:07 AM

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:40:49 -0600, wrote:

I guess you miss the notion of liability. Go try to buy dynamite,
certain chemicals or electric parts that can only be sold to a
qualified person with a license. They would be silly to sell to the
average non-qualified, non-licensed person.

That's completely different.

No one needs a license to buy stuff from Grainger. You may need a
electricians license to install a blower motor in some locations, but
buying that motor is not going to cause an explosion like dynamite or do
other harmful stuff like the chemicals. Grainger also sells a lot of
tools and other stuff anyon can use.

Sure. My point was / is Grainger also sells items that are
"restricted" to a trades person. Can't be sold to John Doe Public.
Difference between a tool and an item JDP should not be allowed to buy
without proper credentials. (10 years ago ?)

Maybe it forces a homeowner, against their will, to go through a
licensed trades man. It seems to come from trades that want to gain
an advantage over JDP.

DerbyDad03 December 15th 15 04:19 AM

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:07:09 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
[...]

I'm not pushing back, just curious...

What does Grainger carry that is restricted for sale only to a trades person?

Sam E December 15th 15 07:19 AM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On 12/14/2015 10:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

What does Grainger carry that is restricted for sale only to a trades person?

R-12?

--
10 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

"The self-assured believer is a greater sinner in the eyes of God than
the troubled disbeliever." [Soren Kierkegaard]

DerbyDad03 December 15th 15 02:56 PM

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 2:19:29 AM UTC-5, Sam E wrote:
On 12/14/2015 10:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

What does Grainger carry that is restricted for sale only to a trades person?

R-12?

The question was actually more related to "licensed to purchase/use" vs.
"trades person" in general.

I'm curious as to whether Grainger would refuse to sell something to me
if I was not a business. Obviously, they would want to see my license for
anything that required a license, but outside of that space, what (if
anything) would they refuse to sell to homeowner/DIYer/etc.

Oren[_2_] December 15th 15 05:41 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 20:19:52 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

What does Grainger carry that is restricted for sale only to a trades person?

Been ~20, but I recall it was an electrical item. Something you
couldn't buy a the box stores. Wish I could remember exactly what it
was.

[email protected] November 7th 17 05:07 PM

On Saturday, November 8, 2014 at 10:44:06 PM UTC-5, imhk wrote:
replying to DA, imhk wrote:
[...]

I live in Brampton and am looking for AIRA VSB-X90 ,Can you tell me where to find the replacement ?

thanks

Alan Wilson April 29th 18 08:44 PM

replying to imhk, Alan Wilson wrote:
Eventually I found out another location where replacement fan-motor assemblies

of AIRA VSB models are available
I also live in Toronto and have the same fan problem - can you recall where
the "another location" was?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-280697-.htm

Oren[_2_] April 29th 18 09:18 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 19:44:05 GMT, Alan Wilson
m wrote:

I also live in Toronto and have the same fan problem - can you recall where
the "another location" was?

Turdy turd and turd street, on the corner. Did you check?

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= April 30th 18 08:23 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

I also live in Toronto and have the same fan problem - can you recall where
the "another location" was?

Turdy turd and turd street, on the corner. Did you check?

That is a turdy area that even smells turdy. The turdy smell forced the
company to move. Let him follow his nose. Remember, when it gets turdy you
can't pick it up by the clean end.

--
Tekkie

[email protected] January 19th 19 11:08 PM

Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

Hi I live in toronto and have the same problem, do you remember where you found the replacement fan motor for the aira vsb-x50
Thanks

% January 19th 19 11:22 PM

On 2019-01-19 4:08 p.m., wrote:
Hi I live in toronto and have the same problem, do you remember where you found the replacement fan motor for the aira vsb-x50
Thanks

ask the superintendant