Posted to alt.home.repair

Default moen replacement cartridge choice

I am replacing my bathtub faucet cartridge, which is made by Moen. I
am not sure the original part number, but the Moen website has a handy
lookup menu, which got me close... The cartridge is either part number
1200 or 1225. I can't narrow it down further than that without
pulling out the old one.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two parts? Are
they totally interchangeable? I just want to be sure when I purchase
my new one, it's correct.

By the way, amazon.com actually has good prices on these!

Thanks!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 4, 10:16 pm, wrote:
I am replacing my bathtub faucet cartridge, which is made by Moen. I
am not sure the original part number, but the Moen website has a handy
lookup menu, which got me close... The cartridge is either part number
1200 or 1225. I can't narrow it down further than that without
pulling out the old one.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two parts? Are
they totally interchangeable? I just want to be sure when I purchase
my new one, it's correct.

By the way, amazon.com actually has good prices on these!

Thanks!!

I have Moen faucets in over 20 rental properties, and they all take
the 1225 cartridge. I don't know where you shop for them, but Amazon
wanted $15.99 for the original item, at least $4-5 more than Menards.

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Call Moen and they will tell which one you need and send it free of charge.

cm

www.vintagetrailerforsale.com

wrote in message
I am replacing my bathtub faucet cartridge, which is made by Moen. I
am not sure the original part number, but the Moen website has a handy
lookup menu, which got me close... The cartridge is either part number
1200 or 1225. I can't narrow it down further than that without
pulling out the old one.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two parts? Are
they totally interchangeable? I just want to be sure when I purchase
my new one, it's correct.

By the way, amazon.com actually has good prices on these!

Thanks!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I am replacing my bathtub faucet cartridge, which is made by Moen. I
am not sure the original part number, but the Moen website has a handy
lookup menu, which got me close... The cartridge is either part number
1200 or 1225. I can't narrow it down further than that without
pulling out the old one.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two parts? Are
they totally interchangeable? I just want to be sure when I purchase
my new one, it's correct.

By the way, amazon.com actually has good prices on these!

Thanks!!

I just called Moen and they told me the 1225 and 1200 are
interchangeable, but the 1225 is newer and made of a polymer plastic
that resists corrosion.

Also, they do ship for free and free replacement if under warranty!
This is important, because many people assume a warranty is expired or
forget they are covered under the manuf. warranty.

So, call Moen is the best advice. I am getting both cartridges
replaced for free, and paying for expedited shipping plus the cart
removal tool only cost $27 total.

Thanks!