Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom floor 'tile'

Hi, next in the saga of the renters from hell grin, actually I've heard of
worse.

The tub turned out to have a far worse leak than suspected.

Anyways, the tub is being replaced and we are a slab construction so the
floor under is ok.

We have to re-tile the floor though later. These arent ceramic tiles, but
the larger sort of acrylic squares. It looks alot like linoleum until you
get up close and can see it's squares. Under them, are actual stone looking
tiles that were not pulled up when this was applied over them. They are a
hard to define greyish stone look. They might actually clean up nice but I
bet some are damaged.

Can I lay new acrylic tiles over the older stone ones after removing the
existing ones? It would be even easier if I can I just put new over the
whole existing ones as they are very level and in good shape other than at
the lip of the tub. I'm just unsure if 3 layers over a cement slab is 'ok'.
On the other hand, it's possible these existing tiles are asbestos
containing in which case covering them up is the safest easy way to go about
it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:09:20 +0900, "cshenk" wrote:

[...]

You used that nasty A word.

How do I tile on wooden bathroom floor? 405 TD Estate UK diy 3 September 21st 07 12:53 PM
new tile over old in second floor bathroom [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 20th 06 02:32 AM
Old tile on bathroom floor [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 2nd 05 10:32 AM
New bathroom floor tile problems mike urig Home Repair 14 April 12th 05 10:00 PM
Bathroom floor tile Default User Home Repair 5 October 12th 04 08:35 PM