Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Metal trim for glass mosaic tiles

Hi all,

I'd like to use glass mosaic tiles (on a mesh) for the back splash of
my bathroom sink. I have used metal trims around the bathtub tiles,
and would like to do the same for the sink back splash, but these
glass mosaic tiles are much thinner (1/8" ?) than regular tiles, and I
cannot seem to find metal trims that are smaller than 1/4" thick at
Home Depot and a couple other local hardware stores I looked at.

What is the best way to do this? Can buy a smaller trim and if so,
where? I tried putting a lot of glue behind the tile to increase the
thickness, but the mesh (along with the tiles attached) started to
bulge and slide, due to the large amount of glue used to achieve the
thickness that was needed to work with the 1/4" trim.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Cheers,

-farshad
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Dec 21, 2:41*pm, wrote:
[...]

how much do you need to build up? glue/nail lauan or plywood to the
wall to make up the difference?

nate

Mosaic tiles on sheets, How do I fix them? petercharlesfagg[_2_] UK diy 7 November 21st 07 06:46 PM
Travertine Mosaic Tiles AJ UK diy 5 October 8th 07 09:54 AM
fibre glass pool ... mosaic tiles... umbung UK diy 2 April 19th 06 04:08 PM
Mosaic Tiles alexbartman UK diy 4 April 19th 05 12:10 PM
fitting mosaic tiles? John Stumbles UK diy 2 May 19th 04 10:08 AM